How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Howcomes List
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:28 am 

I make a list of howcomes. everytime I want to add another I forget what was on the list . So Far the list has had a Max of one. Latest is.

how come if I touch delete on my email it is gone right then. If I try to delete any or all spam ....It always comes back to ask If I AM SURE THAT I WANT TO DELETE THIS FOREVER. so takes 2 clicks twice as long to get rid of . Lee
smile

Post subject: Re: The Howcomes List
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:06 pm 

I'm right there with you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:46 am 

How come in America and Europe they drive on the right which is the wrong side, and here we drive on the left which is the right side? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:37 am 

I have almost stopped driving. Now I just PARK in my Driveway.

I am planning a trip in a sailboat ,with no sails or mast, but do have 2 motors. Sailboat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:06 am 

How come you don't swap the motors for a mast and sails and some booze haha!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 am 

The trip is here in U S A on ICW great lakes and some rivers and canals , Cannot sail on rivers and canals 100 ft wide. Then again I cannot sail anyway. I'm shooting for a years vacation on the water for less than $ 5,000 . Not counting food and entertainment at Museums etc. Just the traveling and sleeping If I get lucky I may do it for less than $3,000 Am scheduling $12,000 as back up plan Still cheap at $1,000 a month.for a Years vacation on the water. For 2 of us. Planning about 6000 miles and visiting 25 states, and a lot of in laws and out laws. Her and mine :lol:

Oh I have the masts and sails and most of rigging now. Just leaving them home :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:52 pm 

Wow, I looked up the ICW on captain johns it sounds amazing,you'll be known as a looper! Must be some amazing sites to see good for you. I've always wanted to have a look at the Great Lakes because of the Gordon Lightfoot song wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald. The main problem for me is I don't think I could handle driving on the wrong side of the road haha no but seriously I bet you can't wait :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:06 pm 

Wow!

You got mast and sails now, Lee???
Excellent!
Even a small mast and sail could be a great assist under certain conditions.

Tbolt... I wonder how difficult it would be to switch back and forth between right of way sides on the roads ???
I suppose your steering wheel should always be on the side with oncoming traffic, but to convince your brain to do that automatically might be a task!
Might be best to engage a driver so you could relax, enjoy the scenery, and not have the concern of an inadvertant blunder!
rc

Lee, everything always costs more than the estimates.

No plan survives implementation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm 

Hi
yes I got the mast and main sail and 2 different sails for in front. The type with the streamers to see how wind is working, Can't think of name right now, also all the riggings ropes cables pulleys etc. just don't know how to use them. It has a drop down center keel up it is 19 " down is 4'8" . But the tiller and rudder are missing The motors are on swim platform where tiller was. so will leave mast and sails home for now.
With out tiller and rudder it is kind of hard to know where going next. :lol: But I have played with the idea of using one motor as rudder, It is hooked to wheel now so would work as rudder just don't know how well. Or if I can make adaptor to put on it,any ideas will be appreciated And awarded a large attaboy. Just one per person. May be a good winter project when get back. busy now just put in 36 gal. fuel tank and worked all day making a bimini top. Next is the davit to move motors and dinghy . then we can start on all electrical instruments.

If any one can look at rt.13 bridge over I 44 in Springfield Mo. They will see driving on right side left side and right side just to cross bridge. says it speeds up traffic by like 75% and has cut down on accidents . sure is spooky first time across it. I use Google earth but could not get a link to post. Lee

On side note I was born and raised just a few miles from Lake Erie and spent a lot of time on Lake Michigan,Erie, and Lake Huron.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 pm 

Hi went to just google maps and found this .

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2502676 ... ,18z?hl=en

Hope it works. lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm 

lol

then u remember euclid beach park

Awesome roller coaster!
:-)
rc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 pm 

Maybe you could put a cowling like tube around the prop to direct the thrust of the water on the steering engine I don't know.I looked up your bridge on Wikipedia sounds like those wacky French came up with the idea.
Seems like there's lots of stuff to see and do in the US, its funny when we see overseas holidays advertised on TV here its always Canada or Europe (and the usual Bali ,Thailand etc) maybe its the perception that if you look at the cops the wrong way they'll bash you and shoot you and lock you up for no reason haha
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm 

More how comes.
I have been putting time and money into sailboat to take trip this coming spring. So walk through kitchen and hear water running. Nothing on or running . BINGO I got a leak under a slab house.Can;t find water coming out but pump runs steady on and off. so must be centered under house.
I run new lines inside down west side and plumb washer ,dish washer ,and 2 kitchen sinks across from each other. One is in island.
Back out to filters and run lines across carport under doors to other side of house through bedroom and into 2 baths. Get all finished and one leak in last bath at stool. The supply line has moved some way and started to leak. The only spot I did not have to change and did not have a extra . stores closed today. Basically the only spot I didn't have to change and it gets a dripping leak. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:07 pm 

Murphy's Law.
rc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:08 pm 

do not call list. Biggest joke in U S A
after 5 credit card calls and 3 air conditioning calls today I sent the following message to do not call.

Quote:
I have had this number registered since I heard about it about 2007? They just don't stop. one said they were just trying to sell and they said they were sorry I was on the do not call list.. One called 3 times to say I was rude for hanging up. Well since you do not have the balls to stop them i am having the phone disconnected tomorrow morning
I will get a cheap track phine for 911 and screw the phone companies. Land of the free. land of no peace.

I do not use a credit card and switched from central air to room air conditioners in 06' the last time the monster of 2 years of age quit. I use room air and when they stop throw them out and buy another for $90. electric bill went down over $100 a month. now telephone and cable going down too. Neighbor just went to magic jack for $60 a year. Going to look at that closer may use it with a laptop and wifi. Hmmmmmmm. Lee