How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Virginia cigars
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:06 pm 

This is my first year growing any tobacco. I usually smoke cigars and sometimes enjoy a good pipe. I have three types of tobacco I got on eBay. Virginia Gold, Kentucky Burly, and Habana.
I haven't quite decided what form my tobacco is going to take when I've finished growing a processing it. However, I've had a couple ideas.
One is to create little Virginia cigarillos. Basically am all tobacco cigarette really. But I was also considering a full Virginia Cigar. I haven't found anyone that has done that though. So I'm curious if anyone here has tried it. If not what do you guys think of the idea?
What about making a blend of Havana and Virginia cigar? What should I do with the burly? I'm up in the air at the moment but looking forward to the experimentation! :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Virginia cigars
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:27 pm 

You can use the Virginia leaves for a wrapper depending on case bur I would stick with the Havana and/or Burley for filler. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject: Re: Virginia cigars
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 am 

It is beggining to look like a none issue at this point. My Virginia seedlings are not doing too hot while my Havana is thriving. The burly is somewhere in between. If any survive I'll try the wrapper.