How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cigar blends
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:04 am 

i have Virginia bright, leaf yellow, twist bud, silk leaf, Easter island tobacco, oriental samsoun and Kentucky burly seeds and seedlings
was wondering witch blends would be good for cigars fillers binders and wrappers what would work well or would suggest me getting any extra seeds growing season near so will be growing what is needed hopefully for the next year till the next grow season im mainly working on having tobacco for cigs and want to make a few cigars to enjoy hear and their

Post subject: Re: cigar blends
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 pm 

I been using ct broadleaf for wrapper on cigar. Havanna I'm curing currently for wrapper (weather went bad and waited too long to transplant so alot of plants died on me). I'll be ready for next year though. You'll like the oriental it makes a harsh smoke milder when blended right.

Post subject: Re: cigar blends
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 pm 

Chrism wrote:
I been using ct broadleaf for wrapper on cigar. Havanna I'm curing currently for wrapper (weather went bad and waited too long to transplant so alot of plants died on me). I'll be ready for next year though. You'll like the oriental it makes a harsh smoke milder when blended right.

cheers this is only because i like cigar's but i cant afford them thought id see how they turn out i have Havana now as well so im sure i should be good and i think i might be able to order whole leaf hear as well will cost about 50 buks for 2 pounds delivered (bloody shipping $30 leaf costs just under $20) that for a cheaply to get me going while i grow prob not enough for like 6 months (that including time to hang and kiln) but that price is cheap in these parts i pay $32 for 50g pouch of tobacco or even worse $23 for a pack of 40's highway robbery