How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
Saul of the Cuba cigar company repairs the largest cigar in the world at the Pipe and Tobacco museum of Sint Niklaas on November 27, 2008 in Brussels, Belgium. The cigar is 6.4 meters long, weighs 460 kilos and is made of approximately 9900 tobacco leaves.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1130
Location: near Blacksburg, VA
Interesting photo. From the look of it, there may be a First Dynasty Pharaoh inside. I guess I would call that the world's largest cigar-shaped agglomeration of otherwise perfectly good tobacco. The world's longest cigar, which is also a rediculosity, was rolled as a cigar is rolled, rather than as a paper maché obelisk. In both cases, it's hard to believe that the tobacco wasted in their creation could not be put to better use.

Bob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
deluxestogie wrote:
Interesting photo. It's hard to believe that the tobacco wasted in their creation could not be put to better use.
Bob


That's the first thing I thought too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:11 am
Posts: 375
Location: florida,
i guess a blue-whale is going to smoke it,,,,

and light it off a underwater valcano..... :wink: :?: :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 am
Posts: 251
deluxestogie wrote:
Interesting photo. From the look of it, there may be a First Dynasty Pharaoh inside. I guess I would call that the world's largest cigar-shaped agglomeration of otherwise perfectly good tobacco. The world's longest cigar, which is also a rediculosity, was rolled as a cigar is rolled, rather than as a paper maché obelisk. In both cases, it's hard to believe that the tobacco wasted in their creation could not be put to better use.

Bob



You know what ? That might be a good way to age some .

Now just how big is your Humidor ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:47 pm
Posts: 678
Location: Reno, NV
My first thought was, what a waste of a whole lot of tobacco. my second thought was. I wonder how well that tobacco is aged? I suspect it is pretty dry. I think they should ship the whole thing to me so it can be treated and stored properly. 460 kilos! that is enough to fill my needs for life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 am
Posts: 251
Daniel Y wrote:
My first thought was, what a waste of a whole lot of tobacco. my second thought was. I wonder how well that tobacco is aged? I suspect it is pretty dry. I think they should ship the whole thing to me so it can be treated and stored properly. 460 kilos! that is enough to fill my needs for life.



How about we take a chain saw and cut it into equal pieces and we all share it .We may need a 24 inch bar on the saw .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Largest Cigar in the World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
It's 20.99737536 feet long and 1014.13 pounds


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group