How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cigarette Roller Style Cigar Roller?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 pm 

I've been using pieces of leaf instead of paper in my cigarette roller. They seem to smoke all right.I wonder if a decent cigar could be made with an over-sized cigarette machine?

I can't recall seeing anything like that at the smoke shop. I could probably whip one up easy enough using a broomstick, some plywood, duct-tape, and a little bit of cheese-whiz.

Is it worth the effort?

Post subject: Re: Cigarette Roller Style Cigar Roller?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:12 am 

u know i seem to remember someone using an oversized roller to make cigars but for some reason my link for it doesnt work anymore - it was like 6 or 7 inches long and 3 inches wide and looked just like a regular top hand roller except it was oversized and brown - mostly made of wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:27 pm 

I got photos of a homemade roller in the gallery. Real easy to make, the only power tool you really need is a drill motor, either battery or 120a/c. A table saw or band saw helps, but you could cut it out with a handsaw too.

Not really sure how to use this roller, maybe just for binder? I wrote up few paragraphs on how to make one but I lost it before I hit "submit". You didn't miss anything though, 'cause my instructions didn't look like they would have made any sense ayways. :P

Check out the Photo Gallery- "cigar roller".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 pm 

thats exactly what i saw - only thing was when he was putting his finishing wrapper on he angled it so it would literally wind down the cigar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm 

imawhat wrote:
thats exactly what i saw - only thing was when he was putting his finishing wrapper on he angled it so it would literally wind down the cigar

Good idea :idea:

I don't know much about cigars, I'm open to any suggestions on how to use this thing. :lol:

I skimmed through Nate's 101. I'm supposed to use bunched up chunks of leaf for filler?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm 

I don't do cigars, but I love to smoke em so I know a little. Filler is either short filler or long filler. Short filler is cut up pieces of tobacco. Long filler is leaf folded in an accordion fashion. If you fold it like a book, it's called booking the filler and is considered an inferior method of creating the bunch.