How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jar fermentation
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:53 pm 

JTD Do you recommend kilning cigarette leaf for like 2 weeks then raising the temp to stop the breakdown of sugars? Read somewhere about kilning cigarette baccy for less time, which i really understand. Wonder what the combination for a premium rolling baccy is.. I guess more time and effort than the commercial brands but still not going for a cigar.

My izmir has been really easy working with, no mold and had a good smell even from the beginning, but getting better. The Burley and virginia doesnt smell too good.
One leaf of Åhus is really getting the cigar like smell. Ive had problems with my first plywood built kiln, couldnt get down the humidity below 80%. I think moisture stored in the wood keep it very moist inside the box. A bad idea with plywood. But now I have bought a fridge, installed two fans at the sidewalls, and a nice ingoing pipe for air and outgoing in the top. I will see my humid and temp tomorrow morning. And oh, the door closes like a car door, lovely. My plywood door swelled up and couldnt keep air tight. lol.

Preacherman, how did you set up your fridge?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:57 am 

I have tried this out with a small amount it does appear to work ,I just let that jar sit in the sun for awhile until it does not smell like ammonia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 pm 

I had a bad year and a loikt have dryed green
I shredded all green tobacco virginia gold have one kg then put in very large jar 6000 mil had added water to tobacco made damp
Put into oven set at 50c oven temp are between 50c & 60c the jar is very thick glass
Temps of tobacco is about 55c .
I open jar and empty every day and airate this spred the enzimes through tobacco.
When the tabacco smell is good it is ready it took 10 days and the somke is very good smooth.
This was very successful.