How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miniaturizing tobacco plants
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm 

I came across this guide to indoor tobacco growing and it talked about miniaturizing your plants, much as you would a bonsai tree so that they don't take up too much space. Has anybody actually tried this? I was planning on attempting it with my plants because I have next to no space where I'm living at the moment so I can't exactly do the 5 gallon bucket thing. And I realize the yield is going to be reduced, but does anybody see any problems that might occur by doing this to your plants?

Link to the indoor growing guide http://jetta17.hubpages.com/hub/Tobacco-Growing-Minaturized-for-the-Small-Indoor-Garden

Post subject: Re: Miniaturizing tobacco plants
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:55 am 

Tobacco will limit its size to the available soil. You don't need to perform bonzai root-pruning techniques. If you transplant into a 2 quart pot, you will have a small house plant, but not much promise of a harvest. The small plants will eventually bud and self-pollinate. With minimal sun, the plants will be tall, gangly and ugly. With plenty of sun, they will be short and dense, with attractive leaves.

Bob