How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tobacco for stings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:50 pm 

Well theys many uses for tobacco other than smoking , chewing or dipping . One very usefull thing tobacco can and will do is to stop a wasp sting from hurting .

My daughter stepped on a wasp my wife slapped down just a couple months back . My wife was making coffee and it was buzzing around and she swatted it just about the time it hit the floor my daughter walked through and stepped on it . OUCH

Well hearing this but never trying it I grabbed up a wad and took it to the sink and ran hot water over it . My daughter set down holding her foot and was just about in tears . I pressed the tobacco against the sting and told her to hold it there it was suppost to help.

She looked at me like ( yea right ) because I'm all the time pulling someones leg some way or another and she thought I was just being me and pranking her .

Well in just a minute I asked her if she could tell if it worked any . She replied that it almost worked instantly and stopped all the sting .

Post subject: Re: Tobacco for stings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:01 pm 

Baccy smoke is good for making the bees sleepy.
rc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 pm 

It's also good at keeping mother'n'laws out who hate smoke...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:37 pm 

LOL my inlaws are perty good folks my second time round :roll:

yea I was married briefly before my nearly 30 year hitch with my second wife . I made the mastake of getting married to a girl with money the first time around . They had no real money but did have enough to think their chit didn't stink

Big mastake theys nothing a poor boy can do to satisfy some people . They paid for the wedding and the silver we had on the table . Hell forget the fact we needed a home to place the silver in but that didn't matter we had the silver spoons anyhow .

Actually it was only purchased to show me what I couldn't buy lol or it would have been something we actually needed much more than silver to eat with .

didn't take me long to figure that out and I swore never again lol . Promised myself if I ever got married again that it would be when I could aford the wedding .

Well our wedding was small and on a very modest budget but i paid for everything myself . Been happy as to doves in a pear tree ever since . Biggest thing i did right the second time was to marry within my means . I married a poor girl the second time round and wouldn't change a thing not even my first mastake in marrage . Why change that it tought me a very valuable lesson i apparently needed to learn .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 am 

ain't that the truth! No amount of the strongest tobacco will take the sting out of a bad marriage :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:19 pm 

Lonnie_in_Tenn wrote:
Well theys many uses for tobacco other than smoking , chewing or dipping . One very usefull thing tobacco can and will do is to stop a wasp sting from hurting .

My daughter stepped on a wasp my wife slapped down just a couple months back . My wife was making coffee and it was buzzing around and she swatted it just about the time it hit the floor my daughter walked through and stepped on it . OUCH

Well hearing this but never trying it I grabbed up a wad and took it to the sink and ran hot water over it . My daughter set down holding her foot and was just about in tears . I pressed the tobacco against the sting and told her to hold it there it was suppost to help.

She looked at me like ( yea right ) because I'm all the time pulling someones leg some way or another and she thought I was just being me and pranking her .

Well in just a minute I asked her if she could tell if it worked any . She replied that it almost worked instantly and stopped all the sting .

what do you mean a wad?
smokable processed, or whole leaves?...then just wet it enough to be wet?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:42 pm 

I have found unprocessed dried tobacco works best and works best when saliva is mixed with it. It works almost instantly. Just put it under a band aid and off they go. Commercial cigar and cigarette tobacco seems to take longer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:04 am 

blacknzr1

It was just a wad of tobacco leafs about the size of a 25 cent piece . I wet it good with water . I never let it soak or anything just held it in my hand under running water untill good and wet . It flat worked is all I can tell you .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 am 

Same deal with a snake-bite, it'll draw the poison right out!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 am 

Back in the day (70's) My brother was told by a buddy, if you stand in an ant bed and hold your breath they can't sting you. So he stood in a red ant bed and tried it.--- Didn't work LOL-- One went up his pant leg and got him on the man thing. I was envious at the size, but gramps put a wad of brown mule in his mouth and spat a splat on it for him. It went down and shrank.- Now He has a "BACK IN THE DAY STORY".LOL LOL LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:35 am 

Yeah x2 on the ant bite. Me and some guys were working in the scrub one time and there were these shocking bull ants the size of cows running around (maybe not that big) and I got bit on the leg hurts like hell for hours normally but one of guys said quick bust open a smoke spit on the tobacco and rub it on. Sure enough a minute or so later the pain was gone. I like the idea for the snake bite too, hopefully wont need though. Also put pepper on a deep cut that's bleeding like mad and it stops almost straight away. Use the powdered stuff not the corns lol. It doesn't sting like you would think either it just kind of creates a pepper scab.
Cheers