How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a cherry cavendish recipe or two
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 am 

I have several I have used over the years some better than others, some so strong I have had to mix it out with VG before it was smoke able, usually consist of kirsch, vanilla bean and varying spices and glycerine and or honey.

I'm looking for the extreme as ill mix with what I have on hand to dull it down. Before growing I was buying a commercial cherry with mostly burley and a bit of VG. I have found my own stuff to be ok, not the same but sweet enough with the desired taste.

Anyone got a knock off recipe for Borkumriff cherry cavendish?

I still have to buy a crack now and then just to get my sweet disgustingly fake hit, but I love it.

I am finding baccy is like food no two recipes, although prepared by the same chef are identical and I like the variation, I also like a commercial blend as a standard and would like to emulate its properties.

Many of the attempts are not sweet enough of not fake enough, too much cheery maybe. I am just hoping one of you may have cracked it? This season ill be playing alot to get the best from my smoke. Small batches measured to the grain of ingredients. It will be the first year I will grow 3x needs so can afford to loose a bit to experimentation.

Who am I kidding ill smoke it all anyway but may not enjoy it as much.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a cherry cavendish recipe or two
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 am 

Do I understand you correctly? You are seeking a recipe to make tobacco taste over-the-top sweet, as well as maximally fake?

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:40 am 

Pretty much, your on the ball, the cavendish can then be blended out to make a taste for me. I usually smoke dry Turkish cigarette and cavendish made similarly to what is on this forum, i have tried perique method but may not have it sussed out yet...but every now and then I want that ultra sweet hit that can only be supplies by the riff. I also mix it into cigarette for an after work treat. Can't smoke it all the time As it looses that original cherry hit. I assume I become accustomed to the taste.

I'm not short of baccy as I'm a home grower and blend as best I can to a smokable product, but I would like some more input to what I'm doing to try and find that flavour.

I take offence at the assumption that strong fake flavour is not palatable..... They are a multi national business supplying many countries so some one
has to smoke that blend, can't it be me??

Ok, I understand you purists but I just love that taste.... Go and critique someone trying to make chew or something they love and leave me alone...

There are many here that proff op a recipe and people smoke it... I don't see the problem with asking for one of my favourite sweets.

Cheers and good smoking.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:38 pm 

pilchard wrote:
Pretty much, your on the ball...I take offence...you purists... Go and critique someone trying to make chew or something they love and leave me alone...

?

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm 

lol

here we go again!

To Sauce, or Not to Sauce!

lol

I remember that bagged pipe tobacco from the walgreens store I had bought... $15 for 14oz or something like that...
It was un-smoke-able!
So loaded with glycerine and propylene glycol it would not take a match!!!
maybe it was really for them hookah users??? to drop it on a glowing coal???

I spread it out on some cardboard boxes in my garage for a week. Then I could use a small amount of it mixed in with my B-21 which really had not yet aged well enough.

I think it was Lane tobacco company... one flavor was burgundy cherry!
Gosh it smelled wonderful when you opened the bag!
:-)
rc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 pm 

:idea:

got another 1.

they got these fancy electronified contraptions now so people can pretend they are smoking, but it's really not.
Electronics vaporize a liquid that has a flavor, of your choice.
and they will sell you all kinds of flavors. perhaps a drop or two of this in your baccy???

I saw one of those things a few weeks ago, so I looked up an explanation video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3zZWTUa0iQ

I still am not sure what it's all about, and I've watched that video more than once!
rc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:09 am 

yeah rusty

I watched it twice and I don't have speakers and grandson took headphonnes, Looks like a toothbrush---with out bristles. sure was hot. toothbrush too.