How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tobacco rollers
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm 

I see a section for making cigerettes but no section concerning rollers so figured this might be ok .

I'm in the process of buying 2 of these on ebay right as I type this out . Ebay item number 110615168293

I thought I'd never see another one of these only to find a seller with 9 of them brand spanking new . Well only 7 left now so you best get one now quite reasonably priced for the quality of this roller .

My grand father use to use these and I even made a few smokes on one just like this except it had a red colored belt . They are quite ruged and will out last 500 of the little finger rollers you get now days .

I'm gonna use one to make small cigars with and put up the other one . They washable and I think they will do an excellent job making a paperless smoke . I made some that were quite tasty on a little finger roller but had the belt stretched out of shape in no time .

If your looking for a fine roller ya best jump on these .

Post subject: Re: Tobacco rollers
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm 

Yep. Those are great rollers, Lonnie! I once had a Bugler roller that was very similar... wish I hadn't let it get away.
I had no idea, at the time, that ciggies would EVER get to five bucks a package !!! :twisted: :evil:

Best
rc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am 

That roller was the first I used, long long ago! lol
Great for rolling non-filter. Thanks for the tip Lonnie, I snagged one! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:20 pm 

< I think u could slip a filter in one end ! > Have u ever tried, Wyd ? I do it all the time w a thumb roller...
Best
rc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:37 am 

RC, I use a Top injector for my filter cigs, the problem is I can't find non-filter tubes for the injector. With this roller I can use regular rolling paper and get the non-filter effect of smoking my homegrown baccy. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 am 

Wydeboi,

Why not make your own non-filter tubes for the injector?
the thought came to me when I ran out of filter tubes and I wasn't going to be able to go into town to get more, so I got out the lathe and turned down a piece of aluminum round stock to the same size as the injector nozzle.
I just roll a paper around the aluminum rod , moisten the gum and slide it off, then onto the injector and it works great.

I don't use it much, but I feel better knowing I have an alternative to hand rolling if I run out of tubes again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am 

hi colej
I thought about that and remebered where heard that bic pen is same size . I took a bic and slid it into a tube real neat. So took a old zigzag paper and a filter cut off used cig, stuck the filter next to end of bic and rolled . Even with my old stiff fingers was able to make one that went on to her injector and worked . So she can smoke even if run out of tubes. For some one with time buying those filters and papers seperate, could cut costs alot . saw papers as low as less than 1/2 cent each . always good for emergency :lol: lee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:19 pm 

Yep, I could but being the lazy smoker I'd rather use that machine that Lonnie found on eBay. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 pm 

Tnx for the tips about using a mandrel... I'll remember those.
rc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:59 pm 

Yea I like these old rollers . The one grand dad had was just like this with exception of the belt being a different color . I seen replacement belts about a year ago on ebay but never snagged any .

Wish now I had I think they was a buck each or something . But I had no roller and hadn't seen any on ebay so i never bought any . Sure wish I'd bought 5 or so now .

These things are rugged enough I think a person could rip out the seam and and fix them a time or two ( each end ) if not more than that . The only thing I ever seen happen to grampa's was the belt stretching a little .

Of course I haven't got these in my hands as of yet but if they half as rugged as the ones I've used I'd guess it would roll a 1000 packs without trouble . I think not over loading it and stretching the belt will be the biggest thing to watch out for .

I used a little finger roller last year and made some little cigars with it . They looked like something out of the store it worked so good . All I done was put tobacco in it and then took sizzors and cut out a paper ( regular size ) and used it like a store bought paper .

I's stop just before it dissapeared in the roller and take a paint brush and applied a little sugar water . Then roll like any paper but I'd let it stay in the roller for like 30 seconds . Pop them out and dry them good .

It made very tasty little cigars that had no paper to smoke . I did stop at the tobacco shop the other day and bought 100 filters . Top filters are more expensive than the buglar tubes here . I can get 200 tubes for 2 bucks . 100 filters cost me 1.79 with tax .

I think cheaper filters can be found I'll look on the net tonight while I'm here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm 

What ?

They got a baccy shoppe in Brightsun ??? :shock:

:D
rc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm 

Nope no baccy shop in Brightsun :? We have to travel the 9 miles to Wartburg to find a baccy shop . Theys 2 there within walking distance of each other .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:49 am 

Aha !

Wartburg... 'the BIG city' ! :)

We spent many years in two horse towns, making periodic trips to the Big City for supplies. It was always an event !
Never got snowed in for more than a week, but things sure were different. More peaceful.
Now we're in a bigger place, maybe 40k, but it's amazing the things that are NOT available locally.

Perhaps one day I'd like to live 'downtown' in a big city, just to see what it's like, for a year or so, but NOT more.
Do all that city stuff, for fun.

Best
rc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:53 pm 

RC

I'll just let you have all them big cities . Personaly I prefer being in a more private atmosphere . Here the guys can get together and drink beer and still wiz behind a tree :roll: lol without some neighbor seeing them .

Well theys other reasons I prefer a more private place to live than that but it works for me . The big cities with long lines of lots of people have nothing I can't get here .

i may have to wait a day longer to get it or drive 25 miles but can get anything any city has to offer without the conjestion . Well maybe not smog I guess I'm wrong no smog here :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:43 am 

I'm with you lonnie,
I have to travel to big cities for my work but sure don't wanna live there, in any of them!