How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The confederate Flag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:49 pm 

I want to know why Black people think changing a flag is gonna change relations overnight. I was born in a confederate state and there is much to be said about the CSA. First off lets get a few things strait, The white man is not the devil. We live together as Americans not black and white. The happenings in SC was the act of a single person, which it was wrong what was done. The changing of a flag will not change those people. I have black friends that fly the confederate flag because they believe that what there ancestors died for was a just cause. Now in my home state there was a man in Natchez Mississippi that was born into slavery he was freed at the age of 11. He was a success in Mississippi so much so that he himself purchased 16 slaves, now if the state of Mississippi is so prejudiced why didn't they kill this man outright. On the contrary, he mingled with the rest of Mississippians and was a cherished member of society, he owned 4 barber shops and had 11 children. Now when his house which is a historical monument in Natchez now needed to be repaired, the NAACP was all for helping to restore a black mans house until they found out he owned slaves, then they backed out of it. Where is our history books? Why don't they tell the truth? My guess is because they want us to be divided, they want the people to fight amoungst thierselves then they can go on with their true agenda without opposition. Here is another tidbit of info for ya, black men and white men fought side by side on the confederacy side. And on the union side they had seperate regiments and segregated army. Only black and only white. Now you tell me who is prejudiced?

Post subject: Re: The confederate Flag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:52 pm 

Oh for those who don't believe me http://www.nps.gov/natc/learn/historycu ... ohnson.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:44 am 

Near as I can tell, there was an issue of State's Rights, versus the Fed.
And the Fed did win.
Now, we are all entrenched in a system as wage slaves.
Technology, development, prosperity... It could have brought us all more Liberty.
In the land of the fee, home of the slave, it has not.
To me, it's no wonder that young folks want to fly the Confederate battle flag.
rc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:23 am 

I agree RC, anyway just venting. Maybe we should just start a riot. lmao ,,, That seems to be the way to do things nowdays.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:26 pm 

The confederate flag was the Georgia state flag till around Desert watch and desert storm. ( some where in around there) Aint that a peach? I think every one is still the same color? I am also the Minority here in New Mexico (white). The confederate flag has changed from confederate, to "REBEL", or to a show of the "PREPPER" for when big brother needs a spanking thing, when all Your rites are totaly gone. You have no ownership of Your car-- The auto maker is !!!, You just pay for it. You will not be able to register it if You take any thing off, or change any thing under the hood, PCU, or under the darnd thing. " NOT YOURS"! The same with Your house, Job or company. ALL are SLAVES here. Guns do not kill !! People do that just fine.( the nut behind it with a messed up mind). How did they get it? Women were treated the same as the blacks- Cant vote, cant work, and cant live, and if they were with a child and no ring to show a man was her master( SLAVE)??? I hear black folks say the "N" word more than any color of person combined. So in todays language, I do not understand the word Prejudiced??? I do understand BIGOT!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:08 am 

The issue of the flag is a delicate one. We can't control whether people use a symbol for hate or stupid purposes. And that alone isn't reason for us to do anything. What if some jokers took the peace sign as a terrorist symbol? Ban the peace flags? Whether some joker decides to shoot up a black church, its tragic, but a flag isn't responsible for that.

But if it is 'our heritage' then why not fly the 'Dixie Flag'. Why does it have to be a battle flag? It was one flag of many the confederacy had. I live in Washington state. Should I not fly the French flag since it was part of the Louisiana Territory? Or the British flag? Should Japan start flying the Rising Sun flag because its their heritage? Should the Nazi flag fly over the Reichstag because it is their heritage? Let's assume its not a hate thing, but rather a heritage thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 am 

The problem as I see it is that because the people who reside in the states have overwhelmingly voted to keep the Flags of their state they are forcing the people to accept it whether they want it or not. Just another reason to distrust the government because its not "of the people by the people" its I don't care what you think it will be this way and we don't care what you people think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am 

Our flag in New Mexico is the sun symbol, The natives do not want it used. New Mexico is the only state that has "USA" printed on the license plates. I am aked for a green card all of the time. Oh well! I guess I am not a flag Guy. Now back to the baccy patch.