How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to buy a basic cheap cigar/cigarello?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:04 am 

Hey folks,

Just wondering... I'm in Canada and I'm set to go ice-fishing this weekend for one last trip before the season closes on March 31, and I was looking to buy a cheap cigar/cigarello for the outing. I was thinking White Owl, which is not great I realize, but the price is right. It's been quite awhile since I've bought corner-store cigars, and I'm a bit bewildered at how everything is now hidden from view, because tobacco is now shameful I guess. I went to two convenience stores tonight and my requests for White Owl cigars were met with stares like I'd asked for something available only on Pluto. Are White Owl basic 5-pack small cigars still available? Or has something new come along and I should be asking for that so I can sound less dated than I am?

Post subject: Re: Where to buy a basic cheap cigar/cigarello?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:29 pm 

Never smoked a white owl so not sure what your looking for but if i stop off at a gas station for a cheap cigar im partial to chocolate phillies cigarillos. They come in a 5 pack or singles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 am 

Thanks, haven't heard of those so maybe they don't stock them here, but I'll definitely keep them in mind for the future. Went to a couple more stores looking for White Owls today and struck out again, so decided to just bring along some of my home-grown from an indoor grow this winter. This tobacco has only been aged a month or two, and being Rustica it's probably pretty harsh even at the best of times, but at least I don't have to run around to a crapload of stores to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 am 

Get a thumb roller and roll some at home? Mad- I do it all of the time. Make a kiln to speed up the cure, and smoth out Your leaf. I roll small sticks with a dollar bill.........