How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Many bikers here ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:46 pm 

I've been riding 40 odd years and currently ride an 02 Triumph Adventurer and a 1966 Triumph Saint.
Only ride for pleasure now days.
Would hate to crash an die riding to work. :wink:

I've owned bikes from all over the world and even though Triumph has always been my number one choice I'm not biased against any other brand or style.

Post subject: Re: Many bikers here ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:06 pm 

I have not ridden professionally since maybe 1976 or 77.
not sure... it's mostly a blur...

What a bold fellow you must be! ...travelling with the Prince of Darkness!

We still make a reliable motorcycle here in the states... perhaps not as spectacular as some, but over 100 years in production says something. ...and I have not been upon one in years!

Pretty large pile out there in the yard. I'm proud of it! Got most corners of the globe represented out there.
But my last uk was a 441 Victor.

Today my focus is on the worst the chinese have to offer, and the best from the French, a motobecane mobylette.

Hours ago I offered to swap off my VF Interceptor to a fellow on craigslist. We'll see if he's brite enough to accept!
:-)
rc

To answer your question... Yes. I have put more miles on a kickstarter than most have put on motorcycles.
It's Kalifornia, afterall !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 pm 

I had a 750 boni in the 70s. Sold a 46 Indian cheif. A royal enfeild as well as a BSA. Over all I prefer the 750 boni. Never breaks and 4-1 gear ratio.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 pm 

hi
Had a 1955 hd 74 ,1942 suicide clutch 45, small 125 BSA, hd 165,Aerial square 4, Hd sprint 250 Italian,56 triumph tiger t110,HD 1962 74 duo glide, And my favorite was a 1963 HD sportster XLCH. Then took trips cross country Michigan to las Vegas and back 5000 miles. Then to Miami Fl and back to Mich. Then went US Army and got married so away went bikes :cry:
Now have a little china girl 49cc on schwinn cruiser. Now working on a 3 wheel trike with electric power assist. I miss my bikes lee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:54 am 

I wish I still had my bike..but now I have 3 kids instead. .joy...maybe in another 12 years when I can legally kick them out I'll get back on the road. . (Jokes ..I do love my kids. .but it will be a great day when they go.haha)
I'd like to get a v-rod or a ducatti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:40 am 

I owned lots of motorcycles. The last one was a Honda gold wing Aspencade. Too many near misses with deer in the northwoods of Wisconsin scared me away from riding. About 8 years ago I bought a Staton inc. chain drive 36 cc. 4 stroke Subaru robin motor kit and put it on a brand new Mongoose bike. I live 100 yards from an abandoned railroad line that has been converted to a bicycle trail where I can ride my bike for 75 miles without having to put up with car traffic. I have it geared for 27 mph max but normally ride it about 20mph. It gets about 300 mpg on that level railroad grade at 20 mph hauling my 250# carcass. I have put at least 5,000 miles on it (possibly double that) I have had absolutely no problems with it yet, not even a spark plug. I have been feeding it 100 octane low lead airplane gas mainly but it runs well on car gas too but I do not like to put ethanol blended gas in it due to the short shelf life of the stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 am 

Just bought a 99' road king, I havent been on a bike in twenty years! Its 20 degrees out side,What was I thinken!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:02 pm 

it's been a couple years back when a friend was riding his harley over the windy back rod from the coast... he hit a wild pig and it sent him over the side of a steep cliff... he was lucky to be discovered, only a few hours later.
IC, then six months before he was released from the hospital...
He's quite a bit younger than I... healed up pretty well.

I've been very lucky on motorcycles.
Crashed a lot... hit, run over, all that stuff. But never had that brutal sudden impact.
I'd call that a good thing!
:-)
rc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:59 pm 

One time I was all drunk and at that time was a Sage Rider. Took My bike to a tall hill and threw it off (pushed it) My buddy asked why. I told Him it was very important to get all of the sissy out of it so it wont break down on the next poker run. PS: I by all means had to fix that one LOL Over 350 bucks worth...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm 

Well, ok then... I won't do that!

So here's a tip from my experience...

If you light the cigarette first, you can ride down the interstate and smoke it, without the ashes and sparks catching your beard on fire, if you hold the ciggie inside the pulltab opening of a beer can.
You gotta finish the beer first.
and I would avoid pulling this stunt in view of the enforcement types...
rc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm 

I'll stay smoke less and save the beer for after the ride. I aint that skilled any more. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 pm 

Another biker here, I have a 125 Honda Superdream bought back in 1996. It will do 70-80 MPH flat out which is plenty fast enough for an old timer like me. Up to 100 MPG ridden carefully. Always wanted a big Honda or shaft drive Yamaha, like an XJ900 but not strong enough now. Just had a heart attack brought on by being an undiagnosed Type 2 Diabetic for many years. So it looks like a light weight motorcycle will be all I can handle in the future. But I love bikers and biking, I have met some swell guys over the years through biking.

The tip from Rustycase on how to smoke a cigarette while riding cracked me up, I may try that next year. Keep on biking, Guy's!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 pm 

Just dont smile when Ya do it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:44 pm 

i have a aprilia 650 pegaso single cylinder, big old thumper, oh i love my big old 4 stroke she even cuts out at times on tick over but try to beat her of the mark with that low down grunt and she will leave you for dust im never getting rid of her, twisted love affair sorry :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:30 pm 

Wow!
That's a really big thumper, MHB !
Gobs of torque!
rc
Haven't they taken that bike on the Dakar run?