How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Many bikers here ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:51 pm 

madhousebill wrote:
i have a aprilia 650 pegaso single cylinder, big old thumper, oh i love my big old 4 stroke she even cuts out at times on tick over but try to beat her of the mark with that low down grunt and she will leave you for dust im never getting rid of her, twisted love affair sorry :oops:

A couple of mates an I were out on the back roads one saturday morning when we all go totaly cleaned up by one of those things.

Never bothered me in the lest but the comments an the look on the face of one of the boys who was riding his so called "invincible" Yamaha R1 was priceless.

All you guys,"keep the shiny side up and always stop for broken down brothers and sisters.
It always comes back to you when you need it most.
Cheers,ED.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 am 

not sure if they ever made the Dakar run but i think they probably could have made it, you have to be a little bit careful on these as i found out when i first picked her up, i did semi pro motor cross for some years when i was a young lad :lol: so im no newbie to bikes, i digress, anyway a car pulled up short in front of me on a blind bridge and i opened her up not a lot just to pass him and guess what she had a little power band i did not know about :lol: and nearly had me off silly me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 am 

hi
Some of the big bike riders have went to smaller bikes. :lol: self included. for those that ride at night this is interesting . either type bikes :lol: :lol:

http://www.yahoo.com/tech/these-biking- ... 71160.html
costly. but neat. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 am 

I MUST get some work done on my bikes!
:-)
rc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:23 pm 

Oh, look! A bike thread!
Well, I mentioned in the "introduce yourself" forum, I fly light planes (European Ultralights are something in between American Microlight and Light Sport Aircraft), and like 99% of flyers I also like shooting guns and riding motorbikes. All these activities require concentration, control, and the patience to learn stuff gradually.

At the moment I own a 1998 Suzuki GSX750F. It's not the greatest bike on earth, but it gets the job done.

Of course European and American bikes have more "soul", but right now Japs are more reliable and offer a better quality/price ratio, so I was able to buy my bike second hand for €600, it runs like clockwork, it can sustain 210kph (~130mph) measured with GPS, it cruises at some 175kph (~110mph) with 8500rpm (red line at 12,000), and it never needed anything besides ordinary maintenance and the addition of an anti-speedtrap system

Sometimes I fantasize about getting something more powerful, the kind of bike that pops wheelies by just twisting the throttle, but I'm way past my wheelie-popping days, and I could't afford it anyways, so I'll stick with the Old Jap, at least for now.