How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: how much are cigs,gas where you are?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 am 

Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
Update from 2-16-2011 through 8-29-2012

8.25 for the cheapest ones last time I asked 2-16-2011
But over across the river in Cascade Locks, Oregon
they sell those 1/2 cigarettes for 36 a carton

Gas is 3.35 to 3.55 as of 2-16-2011

Gas is 3.79 to 3.94 as of today 3-27-2011
....... +.44 .. + .39
went up this much in the last 39 days

Update 8-29-2012
Gas is $4.29 for regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:05 pm 

Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
Gas went down to $4.09 for a month or so
then the other day it was $4.16 a gallon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 pm 

I'm living outside the USA but I just saw the topic and I want to say that we're using th most expensive gas in the world $10 per US gallon. But cigs are still affordable, most expensibe cigs (Marlboro, Parliament, etc.) are $4.95, cheapest are $2.75. Last March I was in the NYC, at Manhattan I paid $15 for only one package of Marlboro, I got shocked :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 pm 

istanbulin wrote:
I'm living outside the USA but I just saw the topic and I want to say that we're using th most expensive gas in the world $10 per US gallon. But cigs are still affordable, most expensibe cigs (Marlboro, Parliament, etc.) are $4.95, cheapest are $2.75. Last March I was in the NYC, at Manhattan I paid $15 for only one package of Marlboro, I got shocked :)

Wow that gas is expensive, I thought the UK was bad, it's oriced in litres here at the pumps, about £1.35 a litre that works out at about $6 a US gallon I think going on 1.6 dollars to the pound.
But cigarettes are about £6 for pack of 20. ($9.60)
I buy 50g of rolling tobacco for about £14.60 ($23.40)
I used to get it on the black market for about 1/2 - 2/3rds the price but not so easy to do that now.
Odd your gas is so expensive, I bet a lot of smuggling goes on!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm 

50gms of rolling tobacco is now around NZ$52.00 and the cheapest pack of 20 tailors is $15. The government's plan is to make the nation smoke free by 2020? or 2025, can't remember which. So, yes, we are told to expect continued whopping price increases on a regular basis.

Gas is over $2.00 per litre.
Scary stuff :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:00 pm 

gas is $3.49 per gallon.
Marlboro's are $4.85 per pack.
The cheapest is $3.35 per pack.
I called the local gas station and got up to the minute pricing the cigarettes include after tax price.
The cigarette prices are higher in town, but that is the local price where I live.

I buy some bulk tobacco it is $13.49 per pound.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm 

Just did a quick conversion - our average price per pack of 20 TM's NZ$16 = US$13.31
I am finding it cheaper, however, to buy a pack of TM's and split them into 3 RYO's than to buy RYO tobacco. No wonder more of us Kiwi's are looking to grow our own lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 pm 

Wow, you pay almost, not quite per pack, what I pay per pound.

I still have tubes to buy, but I can get almost, not quite 3 cartons out of that... which is roughly 6.00 for tubes, so that is $20.00 for about 27-28 packs, it isn't quite three cartons.

Definitely grow your own... until they outlaw that too, if the goal is a smoke free country, you are looking at prohibition, my friend.

I get a mental picture of folks running around in fast cars, selling cigarettes instead of moonshine.. I know not funny.

Seriously though, it might quite well become illegal there and here to even possess tobacco in any form.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 pm 

LOL - I wouldn't say no to a fast car, but it would put an end to dashboard curing that's for sure. I can just see myself in court - "The defendant was found to be in possession of an old fridge, a crockpot, a thermostat AND a pasta machine your honour - I believe the evidence speaks for itself!" :evil: But, yep, the time will probably come - until then we can just make 'baccy' while the sun shines :)

Thinking of moonshine, I did used to run a still (legal in NZ for personal use) for a disabled friend who enjoyed it as a hobby, but couldn't manage much of the work. What scared me was when he began 'giving it' to a few teenagers, without watering it down. At 95-98% pure alcohol that stuff is lethal! and some of these kids don't know the meaning of diluting. I couldn't have that on my conscience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm 

esbo wrote:
Wow that gas is expensive, I thought the UK was bad, it's oriced in litres here at the pumps, about £1.35 a litre that works out at about $6 a US gallon I think going on 1.6 dollars to the pound.
But cigarettes are about £6 for pack of 20. ($9.60)
I buy 50g of rolling tobacco for about £14.60 ($23.40)
I used to get it on the black market for about 1/2 - 2/3rds the price but not so easy to do that now.
Odd your gas is so expensive, I bet a lot of smuggling goes on!!!

People are using this sticker on their cars for a while.

It says, " World's most expensive gas is used in this car".

Now, cigs are about $5.30 (new taxes added) gas is $10.4. There's a strict control on smuggling but some people living near the borders of Iran (eastern side of Turkey) are smuggling some. Because a US gallon gas price is only $ 1.8 in Iran.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 pm 

[quote="trisheart"] I can just see myself in court - "The defendant was found to be in possession of an old fridge, a crockpot, a thermostat AND a pasta machine your honour - I believe the evidence speaks for itself!" :evil:

That gives a whole new definition of paraphernalia!

Imagine arrested for those items!

There was a court case here: a young man got 10 years for marijuana possession, and 10 years for a pipe, and 10 more years for papers to roll into a cigarette...

I had a neighbor who became a felon for having one marijuana plant!

So, a field of tobacco, the paraphernalia, and papers, pipe, matches, tubes, rolling machine, tobacco cutting machine... easily a life sentence... to a smoke free facility!

I did the research this is going world wide. New Zealand is almost smoke free already based on the cigarettes per capita per year.
USA was almost 2,000; New Zealand 565.

I don't believe it is any health concern, so what is the true motive behind it? It is a boon to taxes, but what is the other motive?

Agenda 21 wants 85% of the world population gone. And the world is also rushing to enact this policy. Why not encourage smoking to get rid of more of us? If smoking is truly so deadly.

Perhaps they intend to poison us, and as long as we smoke we have immunity to the poison? I don't get it. :shock:

The two don't fit together. I heard about agenda 21 on the radio just today and about the population aspect of it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 am 

trisheart wrote:
"The defendant was found to be in possession of an old fridge, a crockpot, a thermostat AND a pasta machine your honour - I believe the evidence speaks for itself!"

still chucklin :lol:

as per normal they using NZ as a test pot. small 1st world country, contained and easy to control.
looking back its easy to see after traveling the world a little. trish would remember the failed indestructible
paper drivers license followed by the plastic photo cards, which when i went to europe were something new
and are now world wide. there are loads of other examples to.
any hoo.. they aint going to stop me smoking and i have 20+ years still in me if my luck holds. i pay
my own insurance to take care of me if i get hit by the big C. $32 a month it costs. how come i am paying the
government $70+ a week in taxes when i can insure myself for so little. :?

bring on the car chases :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 am 

Hi Ben in South Africa.
Gas in SA $1-50, Diesel $1-37. Cigarettes about $4-15 for 20, Cigars viligars Sumatra $17-03 for a pack of 5, hope I worked it out right. 1 US dollar= 9,16 SAR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 am 

Wow, Ben, when I first saw those prices I thought... lucky...

Then when I saw the exchange rate, I went Yikes!

How on earth do smokers survive in countries where tobacco products are so high?

Too bad the governments don't realize that tobacco is an addiction, and we addicts will get our fix even if we don't eat, or have a home.

Or they do know and don't care.

I still just can't understand why? why attack smokers? I mean alcohol, obesity, drugs... other things are issues too, but they aren't hit like we are... why? Many just as destructive of behaviors and addictions as tobacco use, but they go after smokers. :roll:

Okay everyone start tuning up those cars.....vrrrmmmm vrrrmmmm! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm 

Ozark lady,
I am just as confused.Down here they tax our fresh veg, milk and bread to an extent where it is cheaper to buy coke(cola), potato chips and processed frozens. Then we all wonder why we ain't healthy.
Increase in tobacco prices, higher crime rate and the obvious as you stated we will go without. Its a proven that tobacco is one of the most addictive drugs out there. Why are they choosing to tackle it in this manner, if at all?
My L200 (Mighty Max in USA) ain't that fast so I got some work to do. :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next