How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: how much are cigs,gas where you are?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:06 am 

NYC Bloomberg at it again.

Raising legal age limit to buying Cigarettes to 21 yrs and Minimum price to $10.50 a pack. Coupons and discounts are illegal.

http://news.msn.com/us/nyc-to-ban-tobac ... r-age-21-1.

went to town gas was $3.11 at Hess station. $3.29 at raceway. better get gas on way home? going home Gas was $3.34 raceway. $3.21 Hess. 10 cents in 3 hrs. Oh yeah they done with COA for SS can raise prices now. Lee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 pm 

We're paying $35 nzd. For a 30grm ryo..and about $20 for pack of 25's. (Taylor mades)
I think gas is about $2.15nzd per litre($1.72usd)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 am 

Park drive 50 grams roll your own now $66/pack, tobacco in Nz goes through 2 significant price hikes/year, every new year price goes up 20%, middle of year something like 10%.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am 

wldsth wrote:
Park drive 50 grams roll your own now $66/pack, tobacco in Nz goes through 2 significant price hikes/year, every new year price goes up 20%, middle of year something like 10%.

Holy shit..that much for a 50grm!! I knew they were getting up around $50..its now been over 2 years now that I've been smoking my home grown whole leaf. .but know people who still smoke store bought Taylor mades etc. .but didn't know they were that much. .I stopped when a 30grm went over $30... $1 per grm!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 pm 

WOW!

That is obscene, is what that is...
WAY beyond ridiculous!

I just told Tina, as I read that... first thing she said was, "Keep growing that, You might be on to something!"

Gosh, tar and feathers is too good for most politicians.
Oh.... Sry... That's an American Tradition! :-)
Then, ride em out of town on a rail...

How did things get to be so bad, down under?

...never mind... probably just like here.. a little bit at a time.
rc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 am 

The RYO tobacco costs 10,6 € the 50 grams pack, that means 14,47 U.S $ the 1,764 ounces.
Red Marlboro 3,80 € and 3 € some greek brands.
The gasoline 1,7 € / liter equal to 8,78 U.S $ / gallon.

Last edited by pete on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 am 

This is RIDICULOUS.
N Z Tobacco is around $500 USD a US pound.
Greece Tobacco is around $150 USD a US pound.
US Fl. Tobacco is around $10 to $13 A US pound delivered.
Weed Or pot, cannabis is around $325 USD an ounce world wide. Just checked latest prices Greece US Fl. and Australia.

Gas was $3.32 yesterday here in Fl.west central part..

Oh tobacco is legal. government controls. Pot is not legal (most places :lol: ) supply controls price. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:56 am 

Cigarette 5$a pack for camels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 am 

prices for galon or cigs are generally variable from place to place and from brand to another, i'm trying to find websites referring to such informations

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:31 am 

Cheap cigarettes €4 ($5.45), Marlboros and the like €5 ($6.80). "Real" cigarettes (filterless dark tobacco) aren't sold any more.

A 50 gram bag of good pipe tobacco (Amphora Black) cost €10 ($16.60) and lasts between five days and one week.

Cheap "Toscano Garibaldi" cigars are €5 a five-pack. Like most Toscano smokers I cut my cigars in the middle and smoke two shorter cigars (their symmetrical shape allows that). Besides the pipe, I smoke a couple of half Toscanos a week.

Unleaded 96 gas: €1.70 to 1.90 per liter ($8.80 to 9.80 per US Gallon @ 3.8lt)
Unleaded 99: 2.20/lt ($11.35/gal, only available at few selected Shell pumps)
Aviation gas 100 with lead: 3.25/lt ($16.80/gal).

Luckily enough, my ultralight plane can run on regular unleaded 96, but being a 2-stroke it requires 2% oil, and it has to be high quality: some €9/lt. I'll have to install an automatic mixer, some day. That would make me save at least half the oil (and some gas, too), but at the end of the day it all depends on how long it would take to pay for itself.

Automotive diesel is somewhat cheaper than regular unleaded gas, and A1 jet fuel is a bit cheaper than regular diesel.

There is cheaper diesel for agricultural and maritime use (maritime as in professional fishing, not leisure motorboating) but you need special papers to get it, or you can buy it on the "grey" market but supply is limited, and you need to know people.

No alcohol is added to the gasoline... not officially, anyway. I suspect some pumps do it but I can't really tell. I considered adding 15 or 20% alcohol myself but I found out it cost more than gas, so I gave up. I'll pick that up again if I find out where to buy suitable alcohol at a price good enough to be worth the hassle.

I use unleaded 96 to run both my bike and my "mini truck" (a 1992 Fiat Panda with a 36hp 750cc engine, converted into a tiny truck by removing the rear seat)

Tractors and diesel generators run on a mix of recycled filtered cooking oil and diesel fuel off the pump (or agricultural diesel when I manage to get it).

Weather is never really cold around here, so the oil becoming too thick isn't a problem and I can use 90% oil in summer and 70% oil in winter (proportions change gradually during spring and fall). That way I can run diesel engines at an average 20% of the normal fuel cost, without any modification whatsoever.

I would mix the oil with jet fuel instead of diesel (it's cheaper and it works just fine) but it's easier to get the regular diesel at the pump around the corner. I thought about checking what house heating diesel costs and figure out if it's worth it to set up a storage and buy a truckload a year... but it would get stolen in no time. I can't stay on watch 24/7. I try never to go out or come back at regular times, and I take alternate routes all the time, but I know that if they knew that there is something really worth stealing (like a couple of tons of diesel) they would simply hide and wait for me to leave. But I'm going off topics.

Well, now you know what kind of tobacco and gas prices we have around here. Most of it is taxes, of course. They know we'll buy the stuff anyway, so they laugh and keep raising (same goes for drinking alcohol, but to a lower extent as in Southern Europe a glass of wine is considered a "human right").

Eventually, we're reaching the stage where some people begin to realize that they don't have to take this kind of abuse, and decide to home grow tobacco, home brew alcoholic drinks, and run their engines on alternative fuels. I wonder how long it'll take before they try to make us stop. They won't succeed, of course; but that's another story.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:53 am 

luke771 wrote:
Cheap cigarettes €4 ($5.45), Marlboros and the like €5 ($6.80). "Real" cigarettes (filterless dark tobacco) aren't sold any more.

A 50 gram bag of good pipe tobacco (Amphora Black) cost €10 ($16.60) and lasts between five days and one week.

Cheap "Toscano Garibaldi" cigars are €5 a five-pack. Like most Toscano smokers I cut my cigars in the middle and smoke two shorter cigars (their symmetrical shape allows that). Besides the pipe, I smoke a couple of half Toscanos a week.

Unleaded 96 gas: €1.70 to 1.90 per liter ($8.80 to 9.80 per US Gallon @ 3.8lt)
Unleaded 99: 2.20/lt ($11.35/gal, only available at few selected Shell pumps)

Here:
- marlboros: ca $4.30
- gas (regular): ca $6.40
- party cigars (14" long, 90 ring gauge): $27/box (5 pieces)
Welcome to Poland.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 am 

Packet of 20 Camel in new Zealand $18.20nzd.the exchange rate is around 80c US?... So maybe $14.50US?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:23 pm 

"premium" brand cigs are about 12 bucks for a 25 pack here in ontario.
pipe tobacco about 24 bucks for a 50g pouch!

craziness...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:55 am 

News this morning says Tampa area has Gas as low as $2.98 a gallon and as High as $3.95 in same town. I like the $2.98 better :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:32 am 

Gas is down to $2.89 a gallon again in some places. Most places are hovering around $2.99.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9