How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dog Days --What's your weather forecast?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 am 

Sym:
We have lots of company, if you're not on the west coast or in FL, you're below freezing this week here in the US. Climate change? Global cooling? Just watched the movie "The Day after tomorrow", seemed appropiate for the current situation.
Cool weather regards, Neal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 am 

hi I just looked at paper from home town where I grew up, on web and was looking at pics of snow. I didn't know weither to laugh :lol: or cry :cry: Lee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 am 

Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
It's normal weather here 50 degrees at 8:30 AM this morning.
Overcast with rain on the way for the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 pm 

hi
looked up and sun was out. :lol: :lol: so went out and felt warm. :lol: :lol: :lol: looked at thermametor and said 80º wow :lol: :lol: :lol: so I walked to back and picked 3 oranges. :lol: :lol: :lol: now thats how winter should be at my age :lol: :lol: :lol: lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:48 am 

Weather good here in SuperBowl land, sun's out and ice melted yesterday in 54 degree heat. Fans should be able to get out and get drunk before/after the game, maybe even during the game! Snow comes back tonight/tomorrow just in time for airport departures :roll:
Enjoy all, Neal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:18 am 

Hi --

We got out of the house on Saturday finally after being frozen in since Tues. Roads werenn't too bad except in shady spot. Turned out that spot caused us to make a 20 mile detour to get to the grocery story, lol!

Sunday wasn't bad at all, actually drove to work, not that anyone came to the Flea Market on superbowl day. Still wrote two leases for new venders!

Turns out that we're getting another blast of cold on Weds. Lows around 9F that night and snow on the ground. Cold on Thurs a gain, thawing Fri then nice on Sat and 60F on Sunday and sunny!

Gotta love Texas weather!

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:06 am 

2/4/2011 was our cold day. There was a little frozen rain and iced over overpasses but other than a lone snow flake that was it. I took my jacket to work but for the most part I did not need it.

Wed is supposed to get cold for us also but I don't know how long it will last. the freeze on 2/4/2011 killed the burley and VA plants that have been growing since spring 2010 at work. The did not freeze last winter because they are surrounded on all four sides (photos in the gallery). I was hoping the suckers would continue into next year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:07 am 

hi
:lol: I get to complain :lol: It got below freezing again last night . A skim of ice on bird baths. 28ºtemps at 5 AM . supposed to go to 67º this afternoon. :lol: :lol: then start a warming trend. Lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 am 

Dang, we only got down to 33 so far. it is 5 a.m and the temp may drop another degree or two before sunrise. days are getting in to the 60's but this will only be temporary. we still have 3 months before the freezes will end. We will see more snow before it is over.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm 

if it stays warm thru the week end, spring will jump. I saw a layer of Pollen today. My guess is, were jumping into spring, with some cold snaps to kill the buds. couple 2 or 3 cold snaps before masters week. Never know though, it might stay warm here on out with cold nights. For two weeks I been seeing a lot of robins, and the birds been singing hard..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:54 pm 

nice out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 am 

Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
February 24th 9:00 AM 2011
Well it's snowing again here 6 inches of snow over night with 3 to 7 inches more predicted through tonight.
Pretty typical here in this area and will probably have a wet snow during the month of March.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 am 

It's fixin' to get all Texasy outside, nice and warm outside right now mostly due to the high humidity preceding the severe thunderstorms that will roll through followed by warm air being driven by a cold front we'll never see...but that could all change in the next 10 minutes.
It's over bob's house right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm 

I took this picture this morning I think it came out pretty good, it's my neighbors across the street.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 am 

We got 6 more inches of snow late last week. 64" here so far for the year. More coming tonight and all next week. -13f yesterday morning. -8f this morning.

Too early to plant?? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next