How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 888 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Easily distracted :-) Black Rock !
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:45 pm 

This comes mostly from a mmsm News article I read, this morning...

Burning man

MOOP ??
https://www.citylab.com/life/2017/08/th ... an/538389/

Bottom line... Tickets started at 990 & 1200 yet were later offered at 425 and also a Low Income offering.
http://tickets.burningman.org/

I have read about this event for years.
It has apparently changed. A Lot !
Never did considered attending. There's nothing in that desert I need to see, that time of year.
Now I watch youtube video clips, here and there...

I'd just as soon drive right on through Rachel, NV as go to Burning Man.
http://littlealeinn.com/

Fun stuff, WAY too Hot for the likes of me ! lol
rc

Please afford full credit to elena for her instagram pic... herein this is only Fair Use and non-commercial.

Post subject: Re: Easily distracted :-)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:11 am 

Rustycase, yes my son is in France and safe with us...though he is gone for a bike ride as I am writing. I 'm always glad when he is back!
Our friend in Denmark is not growing tobacco this year. I'll miss his beautiful pictures.I hope you find a way to find the place of your dreams and by the way, I really like gems and minerals and very interested in them. My favourites are the quartz and amethist. When I have my quartz in my hand, I really can feel something like it's alive ! I hope you will take photos !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:03 am 

Marie wrote:
I can remember there were a lot of Motobecane in France ! That was a means of transport for many people since not so many could have a car...that was a long time ago ! Now , cars everywhere !

Oh Marie, the same thing in Italy, but many also had the car and used it only on Sunday (not to ruin it and because the gasoline was very expensive).

Rusty, did you ever see this?

LOL ... this is the " Parabrezza" (windshield)! and was mounted on the motorcycle when it was winter.
Maybe even in France it was used ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:46 pm 

A very nice windshield, Marco !
Good when it rains, or when very cold !
Mopeds are very handy, for short trips around town.
Have fun, rc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:58 pm 

Hello Marie,
I did see where JP dropped in for a minute... I would guess he tossed out a few seeds, or some will even grow as volunteers !
I get some every year now, and tomatoes and beans.

Yes, I like the rose quartz, and amethyst very much ! We were planning to go to Cambria, California, USA, to look for moonstones on the beach... our plans were dashed. We must now go to the next state and pay fees and taxes at a lower rate than this state so we may travel at less expense.

Oh, I don't know that we have dreams here in the US anymore... we just look for work so we can pay the taxes that grow each year.
They always have new reasons for more taxes. We must keep busy to pay them or they pick us off when we are going about our affairs in town, and especially when out on the highway.

They are worse than a hurricane ! lol
Best, rc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am 

Rusty, those mopeds no longer exist, they are just vintage objects, and now they use scooters to move around the city.

Cambria is a nice place, ideal for a B & B :) ... but I have looked, for curiosity, and house prices are very high! why are houses in USA so expensive? I can understand New York, Los Angeles, Miami ... but the houses are very expensive even in the countryside! Why?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:59 pm 

Hello there, folks! Its really nice that you remember me and my Pictures. At a certain point I tried to upload some, but I couldnt make it Work. But today I tried Again, and it worked, so I added a few to my gallery.
Anyway... I did plant Tobacco this year, but It was neglected and I didnt make a plantation like last year. I have renovated my garden, it came in small steps, and Things happened when other Things had been finished and I now have 8 raised beds with vegetables and an experimental solar driven hydroponic system, and Im currently finding out what grows well in such a system. I have tried Tobacco, fennel, pak choi, and sellery. And it proves that hydroponics are good for "leafy greens" such as Tobacco and lettuce. Not to mention Herbs like parsly or dill.

And now, let us see if I can post a Picture:

Last edited by JPSDK on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 pm 

Here are some of the "leafy greens", in the hydroponics.. Photo from the garden this morning.

And here are some Tobacco plants that volunteered between the onions. They thrived fine side by side and when the onions were harvested, i let the Tobacco plants grow to see if they could make it to flower. It seems they can, and such we can prove that Tobacco can grow wild in Denmark. Thats interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 pm 

Wonderful garden you have JP !
I like the engineering project, also ! Fun stuff !!

Perhaps you could build a water wheel on the return end to drive some mobile garden art work ?

You haven't been around in a while... duck hunting with the boys ?

Best, rc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:56 am 

I love your garden JP ! I don't know why but it reminds me of gardens in fairy tale books. It looks so healthy and soothing.... I have raised beds too but only permaculture.
I have been on vacation for almost 2 weeks and away from home...I am going to have loads of tobacco leaves to pick up when I am back !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 am 

Thanks you two, folks.
Now you mention it rusty, I could use the power from a Water wheel to make a scarecrow for roe deer, that eat my peas, and pigeons that also eat my peas. But it wouldnt Work on the slugs. ill have to make an Electric fence for that. And yes, I have been out hunting with the boys. I shot a goose and a duck.

Marie, when I was in France as a kid, everything was much warmer and drier than at home, it was very noticable, we loved it, we were tired of rain. When I was in France as an adult, the difference was not so noticeable, probably due to climate changes. This summer was very wet up here, but it was not cold, despite what people say. So we had a lot of downpour and reasonable warmth to go with it, and that makes a lush garden. For both plants and weeds.

Last edited by JPSDK on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 pm 

I HAVE PROOF! there are deer in my garden. I photographed them. And scared them away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:13 pm 

Hello JP !
How about a nice project for the wood shop ?

Some sort of kinetic art work, wound up by a water wheel, then released to bang a small gong to make noise and scare them !

or this one...

Fun kinetic art for the woodshop !

I have heard snails can be chased off with a strip of copper fastened down on the ground... Perhaps two copper wires, close to each other would work ? Something about the copper annoys them.

Best
rc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:23 pm 

I am almost sure we need to coax Marie into posting an image for the forum.
Would Anne work ?

OK, you pic one !
You could be Carla Bruni...
:-)
rc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:55 pm 

Hello Rustycase! I am just back from 2 week vacation in the Alps...I have tons of leaves to store in boxes and tons to pick from the plants, too !
Well here is a picture of the house where we were staying : it takes a few winding kilometers on a dirt road in the forest to get up there and once up there you forget about people and the world going nuts, all you have is untouched Nature !

And Finally, can you recognize me ? That one is from last year in the Pyrénées

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 888 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next