How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kiln - naturally flavoring tobacco
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 pm 

Guys,

I am going to try my hand at flavoring some of my leaves. My plan is to take (already bought), various coffee beans (one is very peppery and spicy, whereas the other is a sweet cocoa like aroma), chocolate baking chips, and toffee chips, and put them into small containers with the lids open. Then, I will put them into the bag that my leaves are in, and leave the coffee beans, etc. in the bag with the leaves for the whole month that the leaves are in the kiln. My thoughts are that the aromas and flavors of the coffee beans, etc. will slowly steep into the leaves creating a more natural tasting flavored tobacco. I'm only going to do this to a few bags of leaves that will most likely be used as wrapper leaf for cigars. Am I crazy here, or will this process actually produce results? I know others have used oils and such, but I'm straying away from that.

Post subject: Re: Kiln - naturally flavoring tobacco
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 pm 

sounds interesting the leaf should pick up the aromas.
Let us know how it turns out

Post subject: Re: Kiln - naturally flavoring tobacco
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 am 

I'd be surprised if the taste actually comes through when you smoke your tobacco. I put some leaves into a seal jar with a chopped up vanilla bean. After a month those leaves smelled like heaven. Unfortunately when I smoked the tobacco there was absolutely no hint of vanilla whatsoever.

But, that's what's cool about growing your own. Experiment and find out for yourself- and of course, report your findings back here.

Randy B