How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New York Times Seeks Tobacco Growers within NYC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

A reporter for the New York Times is working on a story about people who live in New York City who grow their own tobacco at home. He is looking for additional people to interview.
Please email me if you are interested in being interviewed at: Roy@HowToGrowTobacco.com
I told him I'll let him know within a couple of days (Today is 2/9/11 - Weds evening)

Post subject: Re: New York Times Seeks Tobacco Growers within NYC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 am 

Roy, I'm gonna repost this on the NYC.L.A.S.H. Facebook page but will take it down if you want me to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm 

i'll bet this is NOT going to be a good thing for home tobacco growers!. new laws, anyone?.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm 

ditto Radios, I would want to know up front if this reporter is a smoker or tobacco user, who he works for and what their track record is on smoking and public health. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago -
Feb 2, 2011: New York Times -
Quote:
By a 36-to-12 vote, the [New York City] Council passed the most significant expansion of antismoking laws since Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg pushed to prohibit smoking in restaurants and bars in 2002.
Don't expect much support for home growing in NYC!
Roy, let us know what happens with this story if you ever find out, Neal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am 

Audrey Silk, founder of N.Y.C.L.A.S.H. grows her own.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:35 am 

FmGrowIt wrote:
Regardless of the reporter's point of view, Whoever accepts the invitation should be nothing other than honest.

For many years, the media has been conditioning the masses for the inevitable end to tobacco consumption. I wonder how much of it has been proliferated by an ex wife to an heir of one of the tobacco tycoons? The more research I do, the more I'm guessing my assumption is right.

it's actually the federal and state governments needing the tax revenue that caused all the problems, they needed to make tobacco seem evil in order to overtax it!. but that's all, there is NO way the country could survive ESPECIALLY the states, without those HUGE, INFLATED, tobacco taxes. states are mostly run on those taxes!.. correlate tobacco taxes with the economy!. you'll see tobacco taxes rose the most when governments needed those taxes the most!.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 pm 

hi
I've always watched the coralation of gas with cigerettes. When ciggs were 25 cents pack gas was 25 cents a gallon when ciggs went to 50 cents so did gas. when they went to $1.00 a pack gas caught up. look were both are now. I also always figured that I just burned up both of them any way :lol: Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:44 am 

quote]
it's actually the federal and state governments needing the tax revenue that caused all the problems, they needed to make tobacco seem evil in order to overtax it!. but that's all, there is NO way the country could survive ESPECIALLY the states, without those HUGE, INFLATED, tobacco taxes. states are mostly run on those taxes!.. correlate tobacco taxes with the economy!. you'll see tobacco taxes rose the most when governments needed those taxes the most!.[/quote]

TOBACCO HISTORY------
This vice brings in one hundred million francs in taxes every year.
I will certainly forbid it at once - as soon as you can name a virtue that brings in as much revenue.
- Napoleon III, (1808-73) French emperor.

Sound familiar?

-J.C.-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm 

i think the reporter would be much better off doing a story on how children of low income smoking parents are getting less food and clothing and other things because of the huge tax increase on tobacco!. now that's something to report on!.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 am 

:?: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 am 

FM,
"I'll finish the story tomorrow...you can't guess where this is going. If you can, I'll send you a lifetime supply of any seeds you want."

Don't want to ruin your story ------- but I've seen it happpen to many times and to many places. :evil:
I'll take two tons of common sense seed and you can "DROP" ship them to every Politician in the country for me.

-J.C.-

TOBACCO HISTORY------
This vice brings in one hundred million francs in taxes every year.
I will certainly forbid it at once - as soon as you can name a virtue that brings in as much revenue.
- Napoleon III, (1808-73) French emperor.

Sound familiar?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 am 

Fmgrowit

ID bet the new neighbors built their house on the Martins land and the Martins didn't care . Until push come to shove .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 pm 

hi
After lookig where Martins road is I saw O'neil Woods Park and then all started to bring back memories of driving My mom to see things in that area like Stan Hywet Hall. Cuyahoga Valley . and looked at exwife M. Gerold O'neil married again about age 50 Her Name is Jean. Had step daughters . so My guess till find differant is exwife was once a Martin may be married to O' neil or one of his Nephews . Also saw where Seberling was A representive from Ohio then so would gather that when the Cuyahoga Valley National Park came In The Martins were lucky not to have been charged with J F K 's assanation. Both general tire and B. F. Goodrich money . Not to mention RKO studios Geez I had grandparents in Hudson and still have a few cousins around Twinsburg and Stow. O' Neils stood up against Kennedys down in palm beach.
Martins were just caught between an ex and a lot of money Lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm 

hi
I thought about Seiberling being the neighbor but figured it was an ex married a O' Neil and used their good friends the congressman to pussh the Nationl park and get guns banned in area. If study about O'neils they were into rko studios and had property in Plam beach where that one kennedy was accused of a rape of therir step daughter. Both O'Neils and Seiberling had lots of money and power. The Martins had to own a lot of land there at one time too. Lee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:27 pm 

Here's the Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyreg ... .html?_r=2