How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M I 5-----CIA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 pm 

Hi, All ,
After reading now for several days all the information on the FORUM covering all subjects,all most all the questions relate to,
HOW DO YOU DO THIS,
As a lot of the customers come from the U S A / CUBA Etc, Would it not be possible to find a friend of a friend hew works for a large tobacco conglomerate hew has all the info we are all looking for,i am sure there is someone out there hew could shed a lot of info,
Theres no need to work for the CIA or MI5 just a good old stoorman hew has all the info under his HAT.
The Code word is -- Tobacco --. Pass it on.
Hootche.

Post subject: Re: M I 5-----CIA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 am 

Hootche wrote:
Hi, All ,
After reading now for several days all the information on the FORUM covering all subjects,all most all the questions relate to,
HOW DO YOU DO THIS,
As a lot of the customers come from the U S A / CUBA Etc, Would it not be possible to find a friend of a friend hew works for a large tobacco conglomerate hew has all the info we are all looking for,i am sure there is someone out there hew could shed a lot of info,
Theres no need to work for the CIA or MI5 just a good old stoorman hew has all the info under his HAT.
The Code word is -- Tobacco --. Pass it on.
Hootche.

Don’t you think that this would take away the purpose of the forum? Just because one of us may find a man who works for a tobacco company doesn't mean he'll have all the answers. Besides they only do part of the work. Local farmers do all the growing, drying, and sometimes curing; then it’s sold to a company who does the rest.

This forum is made with the idea of growing tobacco at home. We do it ourselves with the help of fellow growers around the world. Growing and processing tobacco in the corporate world is different than what we do at home. Besides there are many knowledgeable members here who all put in their share of advice when they feel it is something they can answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 am 

Hear, hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 pm 

Hi, WOLFY//Cameron.
Sorry to here your negative coments, but i do beleave it is now 2009,
And from the forum there are so many people hew would love to replicate there favorite brand,without all the failures thay endure, ie,the finished product.
I feel that the tobacco industry is a science and from that , progress will only be made if you communicate with people hew know more than we do.
That is why this forum will run for manny manny years,and i hope with great sucsess,
Calm Down.
Hootche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:47 pm 

I agree that preparing your favourite smoke is a science and indeed, it makes a great deal of sense to communicate with the experts. On the other hand, the bottom line with commercial tobacco production is that is it just that; commercial.

Perhaps it is just me but, much of the appeal of homegrown tobacco is that you can ensure it is organic, without the addition of various chemicals and done on a comparatively small scale. I doubt many of the growers here will have access to the equipment used in the industry.

I didn't mean to come across as negative but this is really an incredible resource. I assure you, I am calm thanks to my nicotine fix :). It would be interesting to know how people in the industry do it differently but I doubt that many of the processes could be transferred to the home grower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:53 pm 

Hootche wrote:
Hi, WOLFY//Cameron.
Sorry to here your negative coments, but i do beleave it is now 2009,
And from the forum there are so many people hew would love to replicate there favorite brand,without all the failures thay endure, ie,the finished product.
I feel that the tobacco industry is a science and from that , progress will only be made if you communicate with people hew know more than we do.
That is why this forum will run for manny manny years,and i hope with great sucsess,
Calm Down.
Hootche.

Nobody here is fired up. I like how you are trying to better the community however, what seems like a good idea to one person may have many problems to be spotted by another. This is why scientists share work with their peers before it is deemed a law, principle, or a theory. I'm not too sure what you mean when you say "people who know more than we do." Like I said earlier we all have something to offer here. I my self am amazed at the ingenuity that comes from other gardeners from around the world. It seems me that you are implying commercial folks know more than us. With all due respect, I think you misunderstood the idea of growing tobacco at home. If somebody wants to replicate the tobacco from the commercial companies here then they'll need all the toxic chemicals, elements, compounds, paper, ect... that go into them as well. Besides, the last thing they want to do is teach some one else to make a product just like theirs. Those who grow tobacco at home aquire new tastes and modify their tobacco to try different tastes. I can't seem to stress enough the difference between the companies and the home growers. We make up our own flavors and methods. Granted each one of us has our limitations in knowledge, but we do the best to answer each other's questions when needed.

Post subject: MI5---CIA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:31 pm 

Hi, Wolfy/Cameron.
This is the last contact i will have with you over the CIA. MI5 forum ,
As i am to busy keeping in contact with the above ,The latest reports found ,fertilisers and Insectocides in your potting sheds,
HO-NO--Moor info coming throught.
..-...--.--.-.----.----.--.--...-.-.-.-.
Coded message.
Hootche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:46 pm 

I'm having the darnedest time trying to decode the message. If only his spelling and grammar weren't so poor to begin with...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:24 pm 

That's what makes forums so fun!

Post subject: CIA-----MI5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm 

Hi,LOW POCKETS.
Im sorry you find my grammer difficult, now try to decode the ---semofor--.
code to the ,Class C.

Hi, CONCORD BRIDGE.Thanks for your Backing,some may be clever,some may not.
we have a scence of humor,and that worth a lot,
Latest Code from H.Q.
---.-.-.-.----.----.....-.-.-...--.-....--.-.
Hootche.

Post subject: Re: CIA-----MI5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:48 pm 

Hootche wrote:
Hi,LOW POCKETS.
Im sorry you find my grammer difficult, now try to decode the ---semofor--.
code to the ,Class C.

Hi, CONCORD BRIDGE.Thanks for your Backing,some may be clever,some may not.
we have a scence of humor,and that worth a lot,
Latest Code from H.Q.
---.-.-.-.----.----.....-.-.-...--.-....--.-.
Hootche.

A sense of humor is worth nothing if it is used improperly. I have no clue what you mean by all this code stuff, so I suggest you stop this nonsense as it doesn't belong here. It has nothing to do with tobacco.

Post subject: CIA----MI5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:53 pm 

Cameron.
Thanks for your reply,those listed on the forum, have the right to reply, to the mesage from the person on the forum,as the origanel question from myself was,could we find a person hew was working in a tobacco comp,.
I dont think this was in anyway in breach of the forum contract.
If you find this offensive perhaps you should not reply to my name on the forum.
HOOTCHE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:18 pm 

I would love to have someone who works in the commercial tobacco industry on the list. I just made a new connection with someone in Virginia with tobacco farmers all around him. My goal is to wrangle some tips out of him and then sell them to the CIA.

Leigh M
Portland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:45 am 

Believe me that after working in the tobacco industry (Production manager) for many years, you would not want the info I have on producing your smokes the commercial way. Stick to the methods in these forums and you will get a pure product with no adulteration. If the industry could find a way to dry rubbish and make it taste like tobacco they would do so. As many of you know, the taste of the home product is far different from the commercial. Proof beyond doubt of the changes made in the commercial process to sell more, even though it is far from pure. A simple comparison is to look at your commercial beef and hamburgers. To see what went into them would put you off for life. Ditto cigarettes. Stick with the genuine methods within these pages and you will not go wrong.
Take care to you all

Post subject: LMAO
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 pm 

Cameron...
did you log on as queensmessenger...lol
I myself would LOVE to find out just what the BIG BOYS put into SOSA GOVERNOR cigars....my alltime fav.
My own cigars taste like ...umm..like...er....well not like cigars.
I'm thinking about putting them back in the kiln for a month...
Anyhow I really got a kick outta the code stuff,,,funny...
Great luck to all this year!!!