How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Smoking banned in your home
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 am 

In Texas anywhere you sleep is your residence regardless of whether you rent or own. This applies equally to a house,a tent or your sailboat tied to the dock!
Any law enforcement officer wanting to enter said premises must have a warrant or probable cause;probable cause is something you should ALWAYS ask for.
Remember,If they have to ask they don't have probable cause and the answer is "NO"!

Second hand smoke is a myth and we all should make every effort to inform the general public of these facts.Write your congressional representatives and make sure THEY know!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:59 am 

Keith, I think our representatives do know but if they couldn't demonize tobacco how would they be able to raise the tax on the evil weed. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:20 am 

Hi --

I'd be more concerned about the perfumes, deoderants and other cosmetics which contain a witch's brew of chemicals and are exempt from being tested for harmful reactions and biological poisons. People shouldn't wear those toxic perfumes around kids.

Of course, this is all tongue in cheek. I don't think a scent is dangerous. Much. My point is that just because someone is programmed by the media, Big Pharm and government to hate the aroma of tobacco smoke doesn't mean we smokers need to jump through hoops to avoid harming their extremist sensitivities, even though they are conditioned in massive, daily exposure by those sources to feel righteous about their attitude.

The body odor of some people is worse than biochemical weapons! Are we going to ban B.O.? (Barack Obama?) (was that a hate crime?)

(smile)

Bob

ps. there was a story recently about people with body odor being banned from city buses....bk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 am 

Bob, I can uderstand the BO problem, we've got some of those soap hating, no bathing folks here and man you can't stand within 6 ft. of em! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:19 am 

mickey wrote:
It hads happened to somr people

http://www.slate.com/id/2231291/?gt1=38001

The problem is it is not your home if you are renting

We've re-painted interiors where smokers resided and sometimes the smell lingers on for years, an unwanted guest living amongst the new tenants. I'm not agreeing with a no smoking ban as a general rule, this is not normally a problem. Yet there are a few instances where I could see it being beneficial

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 am 

Incorrect. By law if you rent it is your home, why do you think the landlord has to knock or get permission to enter unless there is a dire threat to life and limb.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am 

wydeboi wrote:
Keith, I think our representatives do know but if they couldn't demonize tobacco how would they be able to raise the tax on the evil weed. :lol:

The US Government, as well as the State of Texas have a tax on marijuana they don't collect;as a matter of fact all Federal laws regarding pot derive from this tax. They don't issue tax stamps so you can't pay tax on your weed! Slick but stupid,they should collect the tax,it'll free up prison space and put Mexican drug cartels out of business!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 pm 

wydeboi wrote:
Incorrect. By law if you rent it is your home, why do you think the landlord has to knock or get permission to enter unless there is a dire threat to life and limb.

Yes, agreed cannot barge in on your tenants unannounced.

Yet the home belongs to the Landlord. You borrow it for a while in a sense under certain conditions you sign your John Hancock to to such as you will not cause any long term damage to the home (this does not include expected normal wear and tear on the home)

Security deposits can be held to cover these accidents but often it is not enough money in ratio to the damage done to the home, whatever that may be. I rent to smokers, doesn't bother me in the least but we've never personally experienced any problems

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 pm 

keith wrote:
wydeboi wrote:

The US Government, as well as the State of Texas have a tax on marijuana they don't collect;as a matter of fact all Federal laws regarding pot derive from this tax. They don't issue tax stamps so you can't pay tax on your weed! Slick but stupid,they should collect the tax,it'll free up prison space and put Mexican drug cartels out of business!

Agreed, excellent post.
Marijuana may be completely here in California in 2010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 am 

Well he// Joe see we do agree on somethings lol Just had to figure out what that was .

Yes legalize pot and stop calling these kids criminals because they haven't out grown the stuff yet . Turn out the pot users and make room in prison for real criminals ( ones that actually hurt people ) .

I actually seen one town in Ca that was bitchin about 29 murders in their city and said they had about 7 days left in 2009 for that number to rise . Googled up the artical and it appears gang members are killing other gang members . People there were cryin that the police wasn't doing anything to solve these crimes .

My question is who cares and right on cops I finally agree with one thing your doing ( or not doing in this case ) If my town was imindated with gangs ( thank goodness were not ) I certainly wouldn't complain about them killing each other . In fact I'd probably buy them some ammo . In my opinion ( after reading on the situation ) the law concluded that the best way of dealing with these thugs was to let them exterminate each other .

Now if these gangs were killing lots of innocient people in their turf wars I'm sure I'd feel different . However from the articals I read it was all gang members killing rivil gang members . Should I care ?? I'm sorry I could care less .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:56 pm 

Marijuana was legal in Alaska for years but I read a while back where the law was repealed. I don't smoke it but it would create a new tax base and I am sure that laws would be created to treat it like liquor. California would be as good of a test ground as any state.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:43 pm 

Lonnie_in_Tenn wrote:
Well he// Joe see we do agree on somethings lol Just had to figure out what that was .

Yes legalize pot and stop calling these kids criminals because they haven't out grown the stuff yet . Turn out the pot users and make room in prison for real criminals ( ones that actually hurt people ) .

I actually seen one town in Ca that was bitchin about 29 murders in their city and said they had about 7 days left in 2009 for that number to rise . Googled up the artical and it appears gang members are killing other gang members . People there were cryin that the police wasn't doing anything to solve these crimes .

My question is who cares and right on cops I finally agree with one thing your doing ( or not doing in this case ) If my town was imindated with gangs ( thank goodness were not ) I certainly wouldn't complain about them killing each other . In fact I'd probably buy them some ammo . In my opinion ( after reading on the situation ) the law concluded that the best way of dealing with these thugs was to let them exterminate each other .

Now if these gangs were killing lots of innocient people in their turf wars I'm sure I'd feel different . However from the articals I read it was all gang members killing rivil gang members . Should I care ?? I'm sorry I could care less .

Don't faint LOL I agree with you. Garrido held Jaycee Dugard in Antioch, California in an area riddled with criminals, it would be interesting to know if that is the town you are referring to

Fairly attentive parents who adore their children have lost them to the system due to their marijuana addiction. While incarcerated they had no one too look after their kids and lost them completely to the system
As a CPS Worker, I generally overlook bongs if the parents seem fairly attentive to their childrens needs and the evidence points to an overall loving family. This is the main reason I want marijuana legalized.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:42 pm 

JoeM wrote:
...As a CPS Worker, I generally overlook bongs if the parents seem fairly attentive to their childrens needs and the evidence points to an overall loving family. This is the main reason I want marijuana legalized.

CPS stopped removing children in Texas for marijuana use a long time ago and usually assign first offenders to Family Based Services instead of conservatorship/subcare. I was an investigations supervisor until last Monday. I transferred to a different department.