How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smoking banned in your home
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:10 am 

It hads happened to somr people

http://www.slate.com/id/2231291/?gt1=38001

Post subject: Re: Smoking banned in your home
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:37 am 

Technically, if you rent an apartment, it probably doesn't qualify as "your home". It falls in line with "the place your rent". It'll be time to install the bullet proof walls with gun ports, and electrically triggered land mines if they ever say I can't smoke in my OWN home. Own as in not rented being the difference.

don't scare me like that.

sheesh, was about to place the order for reactive armor plating, until I clicked and actually read the link..LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm 

Hi --

Do you have a mortgage? The bank COULD make it a requirement that no smoking occurs in their investment.

Do you have house insurance? Well, if you have a mortgage you certainly do. And pobably do anyhow. And the insurance company could either refuse to insure or charge huge penalties if you smoke in your home.

Just a couple of nice thoughts....

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 am 
You know folk its becoming more clear to me that they are push the word Illeage to smoke tobacco altogeather..You know back in the 60 the goverment made it leagle to use LSD and the goverment is the one that gave American drugs.Then they outlawed it.But tobacco has been handed down through the generations.Tobacco has been use even in the time of Moses.So banning the use of tobacco in the home is just one more nail in the coffin....But American want stand up for there God given rights.

I have said this before and I'll say it agin

YOU WANT KEEP WHAT YOU DO NOT FIGHT FOR.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:50 am 

It has been growing like a plaque is California, they are banning smoking in apartments and even trying with condos that the owners want to smoke in.

I live in a house, but I still smoke outside. My landlords are good folks and I give them fresh roasted coffee and cigars which they gratefully accept, they do not have a non-smoking clause in my lease, but out of respect for how well they treat my wife and I, betters terms are kept, IMO, with respecting their house and keeping the smoke outside.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:23 am 

Ya know this kind of stuff really gets my goat. Whats next neighbor cooking fish? Kid with a dirty diaper?.
Guess what I'm saying is tolerance goes both ways in my mind.

Here's a real good one for y'all. I used to work at a construction and forestry equipment shop.
The main office sent down a decree that we could no longer smoke in the shop.
Yea right no problem with the diesel fumes, oil, solvents,clutch dust etc but we could not have those evil tobocco fumes in there.

I do respect folks right to not be breathing my smoke but I expect the same rights from them.
Like I say a bit of respect and tolerance goes a long way but guess there's allways going to be some nitpickers out there.

Remember now this opinion came from a tree hugger.........
Great way to estimate the board feet in them for harvest :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike you sound ilke a wise person its good to keep the landlord happy.
Hope the neighbors are as respectful about your right to smoke.
I know how it is there spent 25 years living on the central coast of Ca :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:00 pm 

I don't smoke in my house, I have a small 'office' out back attached by breeze way.

However, I doubt that any bank or mortgage company could make such a ban. Houses burn down for all kinds of legitimate reasons, bad fireplaces, appliances catching on fire, kids with matches etc. Do you really think they will ban matches in your own home? I think not, same with smoking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:47 am 

Taterious

I agree 100% tolerance is a double edge sword . Unfortuantly most people preaching to be more tolerant are the very ones that feel we smokers have no rights . Respect me and my family and I can respect others no matter what they use or decide not to use . If I don't like or feel to much against what they do I simply refrane from going around that person .

I can understand anyones desire not to breath my smoke or to end up smelling like an ashtray . And if I was in their car I'd respect that and not smoke while with them . But if they with me in my truck I'm sorry they gonna put up with smoke lol . If not I can stop and let them out of it .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 pm 

Has anyone ever heard of divide and conquer?
Well, the smoking and not smoking is divisive. Pure and simple.
There are family members who really got on the non-smoking band wagon. So, no one visits them for more than 10 minutes, and no one goes anywhere with them. Wanna go shopping with me, okay you drive your car, I will drive mine and meet ya there.
Or you can ride with me, and put your window down, cause I am going to smoke. But, it is ripping families apart. I don't take small children anywhere at all, why? In Arkansas it is against the law to smoke with a child in the car. So, fine, kid stays home! How is either of these good for the family? It is divisive.
Children get to go less, do less, everyone keeps everyone else's kids when they go somewhere, kids don't go. And no more do families get together, they are divided into the smoking crowd and the non-smoking crowd...divisive.
The family is the strongest thing there is, other than your faith, and it is under attack, and the smoking laws is just the newest weapon. First, there was welfare and they encourage folks not to marry, not to be a family, they actually pay you to be a single family household. Now the Obamacare charges you 10,000 per year to be married. If co-habitating insurance is 2,000 but if married it is 12,000. All of this is simply an attack on the family.
We draw strength from our families, from our bonds, from our traditions... to break America, first break the family, then faith, and soon we are like Pavlos dog, and slobber when the bell rings. Well, I never was bell crazy...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm 

My wife has never let me smoke in our home since we had our first child (long time). I didn't put up a fight since I didn't want my children exposed to it. I love my shop :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 pm 

My wife and I don't smoke in the house. We have a small office we use that is separate from the main house but accessed by a covered breeze way. None of our children who live nearby smoke and we have the grand kids over (5 of em) so not exposing them is just common courtesy. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:50 pm 

Good deal. I don't smoke around my grandson either

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:08 am 

Hi --

There is no harm in second hand smoke says OSHA and the EPA.

http://www.nycclash.com/CaseAgainstBans/OSHA.html#OSHA

There is harm in raising children where their immune systems aren't challenged. Bubble boys.

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:53 am 

I don't smoke around my children or grand children out of courtesy and their desire not to be around smoke. I don't give a fig about what OSHA says. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:30 am 

bob_kemp wrote:
Hi --

There is no harm in second hand smoke says OSHA and the EPA.

http://www.nycclash.com/CaseAgainstBans/OSHA.html#OSHA

There is harm in raising children where their immune systems aren't challenged. Bubble boys.

Bob

I agree. One of the major problem the children today will face in their futures is the effect of the germ phobia reinforced by the media. With overuse of hand sanitizers and bleach based cleaners not only are their immune systems denied the challenges that promote development of antibodies, they're also exposed to ever increasing levels of chemicals with unknown cumulative consequences.