How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Scientific Tobacco Research
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 am 
This is a very interesting Company to me. I own Stock with them mainly because it fell so hard. But also because they are a Tobacco Research Company. Their business is to find medical uses for Tobacco & make it safer & less addictive. I'm sure they will play a big role with the FDA. Here's the link...........

http://www.starscientific.com/aboutstar/aboutstar.html

Post subject: Re: Star Scientific Tobacco Research
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 am 

Star Scientific, Inc Form 10-Q on 9-Aug-2004

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040809/stsi10-q.html

Quote:
Company Mission

Star Scientific, Inc. ("Star") and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Star Tobacco, Inc. ("ST", and together with Star, the "Company") are technology-oriented tobacco companies with a mission to reduce toxins in tobacco leaf and tobacco smoke. The Company is engaged in:

(1) the development, implementation and licensing of scientific technology for the curing of tobacco so as to substantially prevent the formation of carcinogenic toxins present in tobacco and tobacco smoke, primarily the tobacco-specific nitrosamines ("TSNAs");

(2) the manufacturing, sales, marketing and development of very low-nitrosamine smokeless tobacco products that also carry enhanced warnings beyond those required by the Surgeon General, including Stonewalldry snuff, ARIVA compressed powdered tobacco cigalett pieces, and STONEWALL Hard Snuff. The Company also manufacturers a very low-nitrosamine smokeless tobacco product (Interval) for B&W which is currently in test market; and

(3) the manufacture and sale of four discount cigarette brands, SPORT , MAINSTREET , VEGAS and G-SMOKE, which have historically generated the vast majority of the Company's revenues.

Quote:
The StarCured tobacco curing process, as discussed herein, involves the control of certain conditions in tobacco curing barns, and in certain applications, uses microwave and/or electronic beam technology. The StarCured process substantially prevents the formation in the tobacco leaf of the carcinogenic TSNAs, which are widely believed by medical and scientific experts to be among the most abundant and powerful cancer-causing toxins present in tobacco and in tobacco smoke.

Another interesting page

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm 

Now that's cool. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:17 pm 

Very good. Wonder if they ever did any testing on homegrown tobacco. Always been curious to send one of my cigs into be tested and compared to a PM cigarette.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:22 pm 

Wonderful idea, Cameron. You know we can have our water tested, and our soil tested. I wonder if there is a place to have our homegrown tobacco tested. I would love for us to disprove the thing about homegrown being full of molds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 am 
This company also invented SNUS for RJ & then had some lawsuit over it and lost. Must be RJ has higher dolla Lawyers ya think? Then the stock tanked, It fell from $5 a share to around $1 in June.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 am 
Quote:
The StarCured tobacco curing process, as discussed herein, involves the control of certain conditions in tobacco curing barns, and in certain applications, uses microwave and/or electronic beam technology. The StarCured process substantially prevents the formation in the tobacco leaf of the carcinogenic TSNAs, which are widely believed by medical and scientific experts to be among the most abundant and powerful cancer-causing toxins present in tobacco and in tobacco smoke.

Hmmm set Microwave on low for 1 week. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm 

this is interesting http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.as ... 8275011028 Lee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 pm 

I guess it is a memory problem I had to go back and hit a space bar for link to work . Alshimer reasurce. at star lee