How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction from South Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:58 am 

I'm a new fella here from South Carolina. A little about myself and why I joined, I chewed tobacco for 28 years and was told by my dentist on a routine cleaning that he saw changes in my mouth that concerned him, and he saw these changes before in oral cancer patients he had. My dentist went on to explain that his office had 6 oral cancer patients that chewed tobacco with 0% survivability, the last patient they buried was 34 years old. He concluded with " when you get oral cancer, you don't die peacefully...we end up cutting half of your face off to help you live as long as you can". He got my attention, I had enjoyed my last chew on the morning of 11/16/16 so I could have a better chance of watching my kids grow up and be a husband to my wife awhile longer. I have been doing a little research here and there on the relationship between mouth cancer and chewing tobacco, and from what I can gather is the additives put in tobacco is the main reason for the increased chance of getting oral cancer. I figured this would be a great place to get a little information on starting my own "organic" chewing tobacco....if not organic, then certainly without all the harmful chemicals. My experience in growing things in the backyard goes as far as a small tomato garden will take someone, so not much experience at all is my opinion of it. If I ask a dumb question, please excuse my ignorance because I'm starting from ground zero, and maybe point me in the right direction...I would be most appreciative. Thank you for allowing me in y'alls group.

Post subject: Re: Introduction from South Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 am 

hello shhmitty ,
now a bit stopped, only the domestic farmers of oceania are at work but in a few months we start and I advise you to participate in the topic Grow Log, you learn a lot and quickly there.
Hello and welcome!