How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you really believe that smoking is bad?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 am 

Just out of curiosity, do you guys really believe this "tobacco is bad" stuff we're being told since we were born (that's people born in the 90s)?

Post subject: Re: Do you really believe that smoking is bad?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:37 am 

I believe there are so many chems in the big tobacco products there's no telling what can occur.
My garden-grown baccy is quite a different product.
Moderation is a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am 

rusty

hit it Moderation

Before the big tobacco companies started making and selling in bulk cheap so every one could and should there was little wrong with tobacco smoking. Then the money kicked in and every one wanted in. Actors, sports figures, Doctors and every store had to sell it cheaper than next door, NOW WE DO NOT SMOKE A CIGARETTE AFTER A MEAL we smoke 2 packs before the meal. And with the added things we just are killing ourselves to make big companies more money. If one could keep his tobacco down to a half pack or less each day and smoke pure tobacco not the additives they put in , would probably find it is a health benefit like the gramma who smoked 2 cigarettes a day till she was 103.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:23 am 

Yep, like all things in life, moderation is the key. And just like the food I eat from my own garden in my opinion is in no way, shape or form, similiar to most of the food-like products sold on the grocery store shelves, I believe there is nothing related between my own homegrown tobacco and the commercially produced tobacco.

I was hit hard by hornworms this year and had alot of holey, half eaten leaf but once its shredded and rolled or stuffed in a pipe, those holes will be long forgotten and I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I'm smoking tobacco and nothing else. Not a drop of chemicals, pesticides or any additives added to it.

Even the most health conscience person is still gonna die, no matter how many granola bars they eat or how many vegetable smoothies they drink. Of course that doesn't mean we should throw all caution to the wind and smoke two packs a day of chemically laced cigarettes. Smoking may not be the healthiest habit but we can make a huge difference in the health aspect of it by growing our own & smoking in moderation.

Just my 2 cents.

edit: that was my 200th post and a mighty fine one i think :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 am 

A small number of peeps may be able to prove that smoking caused them to have a death sentence. The problem for the government, having allowed the advertising of smoking, often telling us of its many benefits, they have left themselves wide open to
multi-million law suits.

They are now covering their asses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm 

Baylor wrote:
Not a drop of chemicals, pesticides or any additives added to it.

A mighty find post indeed, Baylor.
This is why I'm growing my own too. And I too will repeat moderation.