How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antifungal properties
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 am 

The other day I went for a hike and spent some time bushwacking. Came back with some scratches on my shins and one little red spot that wouldn't go away. It got a little bigger over the course of a few days until I realized it was ringworm (yeah, sounds pretty gross - hangon it gets a little grosser). I seem to remember reading tobacco poultice is used on ringworm, so I thought it would be worth a shot. Luckily I had a tiny amount of dried rustica offcuts left over, which I chewed up a little and then put a big dollop of the stuff on the infection. Wrapped it up for a couple of days like that. It worked a treat. Infection's gone. Can anyone confirm that tobacco has fungicidal properties and that the topical application of tobacco killed the infection?

Post subject: Re: Antifungal properties
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 pm 

The traditional cure that I always heard of was black walnuts, while the husks were still green. You just smash it up and put it on the ringworm.

I use milk to prevent fungus on tobacco.... hmmm could it have anti-fungal properties? I have no idea.

I got stung when I was a child and a neighbor stuck a big hunk of snuff on it, and it cleared right up... and tobacco has been used medicinally much longer than many of our modern medicines.

I don't know the answer to your question, but interesting result... worth noting.

I wonder if other fungus issues would respond to tobacco therapy? Athletes foot, fungus on toenails etc... food for thought.

Okay, anyone with a fungus willing to test this theory out? :?: