How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does anyone have any smoking caused health problems??
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 pm 

Does anyone here have any smoking related health problems or is the media blowing this way out of proportion ?

Post subject: Re: Does anyone have any smoking caused health problems??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 am 

Well of course the msm is out to sell stories.
They train very well, and are professionals at the task.

That fact not-with-standing, I used products manufactured by big tobacco excessively for over 40 years.
The chemical additive list is well known to be over a page long.

My airbags are now wimpy.
Go figger !

While calculating, it might be wise to factor in other elements of the equation.

I have worked in, and around, agriculture, the automotive and trucking industries, and in residential and heavy construction, along with the oilfields and the mining industry, for over 50 years.

.....That's quite a list, isn't it ?
Considering the number, over the duration of time, it might be easily imagined I started out as a grunt in each and every one of those fields, doing the dirtiest, nastiest work you might imagine! Replete with most all the toxins used by man. :-(

I AM qualified to give free advice! lol

IMO, when considering tobacco use, or anything else, for that matter, my best advice is moderation.
rc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:04 am 

If you smoke your own home produced tobacco, you are likely to have fewer smoking related problems than if you smoke commercially produced tobacco, which can contain over 600 different chemicals. Smoking increases the risk level that you face of getting an illnesses such as Cancer but that does not mean that that you will get Cancer. If you worry that you will get health problems due to smoking, the answer is simple. Just don't smoke! Everything in moderation.

My doctor told me that I had Vascular Restriction in my legs due to years of smoking, hence lots of pain. Wanted me to stop smoking. Turns out my problem was undiagnosed Diabetes. I can now walk miles and no pain. By my reckoning, I have been a smoker for 56 years and my health is now pretty good. If you can take steps to improve your health like more exercise and a change of diet, then do it. Believe me, the health benefits are well worth it.

Most of the evidence I have seen and read seems to indicate that smoking is not that good for you. So If not already a smoker, don't start.

Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 pm 

Very interesting thank you guys for replying.

Merry Christmas
JB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:31 pm 

Imo..I think it has alot to do with all the crap in cigarettes & tobacco these days..back in the old days tobacco wouldn't have had so many other additives so it wouldn't have been quite so damaging. .what we really need is a trial where someone smokes home grown whole their whole life..tgen see the true effects if tobacco on its own..Ive also rrad stuff that the sugar products added also causr cancers when smoked. .I don't know how scientific that analysis is..so don't quote me on it. .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:19 pm 

hi
Dad worked as welder for over 45 years. Worked for over 20 years packing fiber glass into mufflers. At age 70 he got emphysema Drs claimed it was from smoking for 55 years. I think it was glass dust and welding fumes. I smoked over 25 years worked in glass dust 3 years ,and welded off and on many years. now 73 and Drs. say oxygen over 90% so no breathing problems yet. I think smoking and crossing streets are alike . Take first step and take chances. Lee

I and wife have lots of back pain. we both want to smoke-------POT. law says we can't . THAT IS A PROBLEM LEE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:13 pm 

It shouldn't be long and florida will see the light and follow the rest of the states that have already changed to allow medical marijuana. ..I would still just grow it..especially when you're getting on. .no one will even look twice at you growing a couple of lb plants in your yard..just only grow a couple but grow them big..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:39 pm 

I've known people who never smoked and were never around smokers who got lung cancer. It's more to do with genetics who will get cancer or not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:17 pm 

baccerkiwi wrote:
It shouldn't be long and florida will see the light and follow the rest of the states that have already changed to allow medical marijuana. ..I would still just grow it..especially when you're getting on. .no one will even look twice at you growing a couple of lb plants in your yard..just only grow a couple but grow them big..

I was reading article about Fl. and MM. Judges pondering the wording of the petition going around now, seems they can't figure it out. title says DRs. can prescribe MM for some diseases. The wording inside says they can prescribe MM for certain conditions . They want it so it is prescribed for just the diseases. Look at med dictionary and they are same. Some conditions causes some disease and some diseases cause some conditions . I just know that when the chopper flies over 9 times really slow it is time to move my tomatoes in side for awhile :roll: :roll: :roll: Lee