How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pain and debilitating Body Aches?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 am 

It's easier to convince people tobacco is the root of all illness than it is to find and eliminate the chemicals used for growing and added to tobacco that are the real problem. Then there's the profits of the pharmaceutical companies that need protection. Pushing people away from tobacco insures an increasing demand for anti-depressants, diet drugs, alzheimer's medications, and other drugs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:24 pm 

The leading cause of death, is birth. I am not really interested in anyone elses guidance on how to get there. For those that want to live like they will avoid it. best of luck to, but my money is on them being very disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:17 am 

Jitterbugdude wrote:
But seriously... back to the original post. More and more I am seeing evidence that smoking.. when done right, IS healthy for you. How can you say that smoking 1 to 2 cigars a day is unhealthy when it lowers your risk for heart disease? How can you say that moderate smoking which lowers your risk of Alzheiner's and Parkinson's disease is unhealthy? How can you say that when some of the constituents found naturally in tobacco are some of the most powerful analgesics ever discovered is unhealthy? I know, there are also heavy metals like cadmium in smoke, but there is a lot of evidence, clearly showing beneficial effects of smoking. Most people agree that 1 or 2 glasses of red wine are healthy for you. Most people would also say that drinking 2 bottles of red wine is Unhealthy. Same as smoking.. a few cigars a day or half dozen cigarettes are probably healthy.. but 2 packs a day are not. I am very annoyed that ALL researchers already have a mind set that tobacco is bad for you. They already have ruled themselves out for conducting an unbiased experiment involving tobacco.
Smoke if you got em.. Randy B

The whole key here is moderation. But how many cigarette smokers smoke in moderation? :roll:

Anything over done is not good for you. Figuring out what amount is actually moderation, well that's a little trickier. After all, we all even need a little arsenic I'm told. Luckily, we get it from the food we eat in the amount that is needed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 am 

hi
I agree in moderation. I also believe the leading cause of deaths is age. So I try to live one day at a time. I don't plan what I will do tomorrow. I just want to get through today and be able to get up tomorrow. Then decide what to try to do that day, it may be to finish or work on some thing I was doing to day and it may be something altogether differant.Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 am 

As a Christian Theologian I have to say the leading and sole cause of death is sin. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:50 pm 

My advice to anyone listening to Roy: do not EVER think about doing cannabis. I've known too many people that tried and died with that. Just normal people. Good people. They just wanted to try it. You get hooked, and guess what? Your life goes to shit. It screws up your mind.

The Truth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 am 

The Truth wrote:
My advice to anyone listening to Roy: do not EVER think about doing cannabis. I've known too many people that tried and died with that. Just normal people. Good people. They just wanted to try it. You get hooked, and guess what? Your life goes to shit. It screws up your mind.

The Truth

Hi That sounds like cucumbers. I know that people that eat cucumbers die. Every one that I knew who died ate them. Not one person that ate cucumbers has lived forever.

People that do not eat cucumbers die to.

I have heard this so much about pot. Then why don't the drs ask if we smoke pot? nope just about cigerettes . Tobacco is adictive . So is drinking. and pain pills. every thing in moderation.
We are getting legalized pot on ballot again it will be legal again.
How did the U.S. run from 1776 till 1930's with pot being legal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 am 

smbdyiam wrote:

Hi That sounds like cucumbers. I know that people that eat cucumbers die. Every one that I knew who died ate them. Not one person that ate cucumbers has lived forever.

Good lord you are ignorant. This isn't about living forever, it's about living with your HEAD INTACT. How can you even compare pot and cucumbers? Ask anyone that still has a brain left to think, they are two completely different things. But I guess you don't realize that. If you're going to be stupid about it, shut the hell up.

The Truth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 am 

ok
to bad it is over your head. works the same way for corn. watermelons or any thing else. pot is not the problem. it is those who abuse it. and those that do not understand .
lee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 pm 

The Truth wrote:
smbdyiam wrote:

Good lord you are ignorant. This isn't about living forever, it's about living with your HEAD INTACT. How can you even compare pot and cucumbers? Ask anyone that still has a brain left to think, they are two completely different things. But I guess you don't realize that. If you're going to be stupid about it, shut the hell up.

The Truth

Truth, lets dispense with the hate posts. Lee was only trying to explain the difference between correlation and causation. You just sounded like someone who doesn't know the difference.

The fact is, God gave us both plants but he didn't give us anything to be abused. However, users of either are persecuted by our haters whether we abuse them or not.

God gave us cucumbers too and they're good. But some people even abuse them. Especially the ones who use them for sex toys. :P

Have a smoke and chill out. Life is way too short for hate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm 

Jim-
I apologize for my anger. I get annoyed when people support things like this without knowing what it really does to you over time. Some might (and will) argue that tobacco and weed are the same. They are, in that they can be consumed the same way. But their effects are totally different.

The Truth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 am 

hi
maybe I need to make another few comments. I smoked MJ when I was 19. till I was 23 and went into army. I smoked Mj off and on till 1980 then smoked it every day for 6 months. I stoped in 81 .

after 53 years of use I believe I still have an Idea as to the effects on me.
17 states have changed their laws. I believe we are on the right track .
I also learned that to argue with some one only brings you to there level of intelligence so I do not want to lower mine.
But I do believe in standing up for what you think is right. I have stated how I felt on this subject so I'm done. Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm 

And I also stand for what I think is right. So I guess the best we can do is agree to disagree.

The Truth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm 

Hi
If you had read and "understood" what I said,You would see that I really do know what it does to me
"Jim-
I apologize for my anger. I get annoyed when people support things like this without knowing what it really does to you over time. Some might (and will) argue that tobacco and weed are the same. They are, in that they can be consumed the same way. But their effects are totally different.
The Truth"
I never said they were the same do not put words in my mouth.
"And I also stand for what I think is right. So I guess the best we can do is agree to disagree."
Your opion is yours. It does not mean it is right . As far as agreeing to disagree.I do not have to agree with you on any thing. some one that calls me an idiot and does not know me is wrong.
I served my duty in U. S. Army, paid my taxes. have no regreats. I earned the right to voice my opions. I know what it " Pot" does to me and what it does for My wife.
As long as I am able I will continue to write my congressmen to support Medical Marijuana. I will tell anyone and everyone about the benifits of Mediacal Marijuana. Lee

P.S. I am hope that Jim aprecciates your appoligy for getting mad. Lee