How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know anything about the teck 1?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:52 pm 

So i went ahead and brought a teck 1 seller said it was working flawlessly i believe him. but the courier that's another story there's holes all in the box and there tapped up so i am guessing there the ones that fucked it up :lol: problem here is 1 of the 3 blades hits the bed and has no clearance its like the turn wheel was bent could anyone give me some tips on how to get her fixed? im thinking maybe shimming the wheel away from the bed? but that would just give me a worse cut anything would help

thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Anyone know anything about the teck 1?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm 

your shaft got bent in shipping. a couple of light taps with a hammer will straighten it out. Tap on the wheel on the opposite side of the binding blade, doing so when the machine is assembled. the best bed to blade clearance is about .003" or the thickness of a piece of typing paper. After you get the wheel trued you may need to shim the blades and I have found the best shimming material to be the blades from a feeler gauge set. If you need to sharpen the blades sharpen 1 side only!!! just like a wood chisel. The best angle is about 20 degrees.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:26 pm 

Thank you for the reply! I tapped the wheel on the oppisate side to the blade that is touching and it is now usable but i am worried if i tap it anymore i could completely wreck it? I have feeler gauges i might try and put in maybe i should try and pull the blades off and have a look at what is going on?
I will take care to sharpen only one side! last thing i want to do is wreck this piece its lovely made.

thanks for your reply drbob mate i appreciate it i really do! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:59 pm 

it don't take much to get them out of true. but then again it don't take much to bring them back to true either. just a couple of love taps is about the only thing you can do.

good luck and happy shredding

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 am 

as another note the blades are set with a little bevel so any sharpening will increase the bed to blade clearance. There are no adjustments other than shimming the blades. The shim stock should be stainless steel not aluminum.

I have found that the machine cuts best with 5 or 6 layers of leaf.

The blades should never contact the bed as damage to the blades will occur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am 

Thanks drbob. I had a closer look at the machine and looking at the blades i could see buildup i am guessing from tobacco lol, anyway i wiped that and she works a charm now, although i would like to shim all the blades the same but shes a workin i don't want to screw her up till i really have to i guess :lol: All in all i think this was a good buy.

I am getting ideas, possibly motorizing this thing and making a long strip of pressed leaf in a roll kinda turn er on and let her go come back in an hour kinda thing :idea: