How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Is there a need for this unit in the UK ?
Is there a need for this unit in the UK Yes 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Is there a need for this unit in the UK No 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
do i think for such high quality the unit is a fare price yes 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
do i think for such high quality the unit is a fare price No 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
if i had the opportunity to own this unit would i Yes 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
if i had the opportunity to own this unit would i No 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Tobacco leaf shredder your opinion counts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 pm 

Tobacco leaf shredder

Since obtaining one of these fantastic Tobacco shredders for my self and using it countless amounts of times, I felt it was time to see if it was possible to bring this great little machine to Tobacco growers in the UK.

With razor sharp cutting blades of 0.8mm the size of commercially cut leaf and the ergonomic engineering of this product is second to none when cutting Tobacco leafs and herbs.
The 10cm stainless steel cutting rollers are made to the highest quality and have an unprecedented resistance to damage.

The unit uses a hand operated drive but can also be used with an electric screwdriver of no more than 200 revolutions per minute, for when you feel a little worn out.
The combs in this unit which are used to keep the blades clear are adjustable and pretty much indestructible.

The cutting rollers and crank handle run in needle roller bearings with a very high resistance to wear which makes for a better work culture of the unit.

The heavy duty top rack is so robust it is capable of being driven buy an electric screwdriver
As you can see I think this is a marvelous little machine, a real must have for the home Tobacco grower, why waste hours messing around with scissors, knifes, pasta makers and the like when you could have one of these.

This unit is sourced from out side the UK so as you can imagine for this type of build quality and the need to import them they are not cheap throw away units, not as expensive as the high end Tobacco shredding units on the market but a very worthy adversary.

I am looking into the whole package at the moment postage, unit price availability and the like and the unit is coming out around the £100 - £110 plus postage mark which seems a reasonable price for this sort of engineering and to that end I would like to invite you to express your feelings on this unit and whether there really is a need for such a unit in the UK which would in turn lead to me being able to stock this product in the near future your opinion counts.

Yours Bill

Post subject: Re: Tobacco leaf shredder your opinion counts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 am 

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/143 ... herbs.html

same product for less than 65£

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 am 

Many thanks for your opinion although the post did say UK and not Portugal, also this is not the same unit but a cheaper model, as I said at the moment I am looking into the pros and cons of this unit and the price is not final so the price could possibly be around £100 including postage, I need to look into this and include such things as postal costs into the UK for a large number of units as they are heavy and postal costs back out to the buyer in the UK.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:13 am 

It sure did say UK but i believe people could just buy the cheaper product from alibaba... being or not from the uk.

Are you sure it is a cheaper model? It really looks like yours...

Specifications

- Purpose Built Tobacco Shredder
- 0.8mm Strand Thickness
- Solid Steel Construction
- Manual or Automatic Operation

If I have read it right this product comes from a country from the EU (Poland I guess) so it would be good to know a little more about the import tariffs...

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:35 am 

Yes I am sure this is not the same model there are a few with varying prices, but as I said your opinion counts and this is why I am trying to see if this is a viable venture and you are right people have the right to buy from where ever they like, I am trying to ascertain whether this is a feasible endeavour for me and for people that would like to obtain this unit from a UK supplier

Regards Bill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:27 pm 

how about the U.S.?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:03 am 

the main reason i only included UK was that i was under the impression that shipping to the U.S. would not be cost effective but i will certainly look into shipping costs many thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:49 pm 

Looks like the Gabej might be made in Poland???
or the supplier to alibaba is in Poland?

The pasta makers seem to do well shredding leaf in proper case...
You might look at what is available around the continent. They do the same thing.
Best
rc

...and I think we are all about to see even more increases in shipping costs...

Bill, this one IS made in Poland... it ships out of Gdansk.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/13967 ... herbs.html