How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: pocket shredder
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 am 

colej
"@ J.C,
I still "tamp" my cigs out of habit before packing them up"

As you mentioned Practice, Practice, Practice --- you'll make it :wink:

-J.C.-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:10 pm 

Well, I can't see fooling around with injectors when with a bit of practice you can hand roll a nice smoke in 18 sec or less. With better and cheaper papers. Guess I'm old school, but hand rolling has worked for me. Tried a friends roller and didn't like the taste of the paper and took longer to roll. May not be perfect in circumference, but I aint in a contest. Do get some questions here and there "ya got wacky tobaccy in there", just say ya, want to try some.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:22 pm 

I don't disagree with you North.

I just kinda like widgets and tools and such. My bodger board and draw knives were great fun for a while. Never was real good with them, and even worse with the adze, and was unable to find enough folks who were willing to pay the Xtra bucks for all the labor it took to make things. Back to the power tools !

For years I could roll a smoke by hand well enough, now I'm using a thumb roller and liking it a lot better.

I'll get the T2 because I try to get the best tools available, when I can, even though I know I can get by with much less. Price and availability of tubes is a concern, though.

Best
rc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 pm 

We are wonderin a bit off topic here but the proper shred and case really speeds things up and saves miseries 8)
Had the wife set microwave timer at 2 mins to warm up my dinner LOl and made 17 cigs before it beeped.
Ps, i'm a heavy and make 50-60 a day :shock: If it weren't for homegrown i'd be dead by now :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:03 pm 

Well I'm a heavy smoker and am smoking 2 plus pack each day . I can set down with my morning coffee and roll my days smokes before the first cup is gone .

I've never timed myself but can make a pack in about the time it takes to smoke a good smoke . To me thats not bad to be able to make the days smokes in the time it takes to drink my morning cup of coffee while smoking to boot .

About hand rolling I use to smoke so many left handed smokes I can roll one with one hand while driving down the road :lol: By left handed smokes I mean just that I'm left handed so they all left handed smokes .

The other stuff I just pull my head off and dump it down the hatch :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 pm 

Well, gosh darn fellas, I guess I am just getting old. My wife tells me I am not Slow but I'm not Fast so she just contends I am Half-Fast! :mrgreen:
I do agree with most of you that the tobacco being in the proper case at the time of rolling is crucial.
I have to tamp a lot also but with some tobacco I have very little tamping to do. I have both a Supermatic machine and also a Topomatic machine. I find that I have preferred the Topomatic over the Supermatic for the most part but I find that each machine has it's own idea as how it handles tobacco. It also depends on how fine the cut of tobacco is that I am using at the time as well as the case.
I have rolled to date just about 24,000 cigarettes so I am not new at this but for the life of me I can't roll cigarettes as fast as some of you claim. However I do believe you if you say so. I just can't do it that fast. I do prefer a tight cigarette so maybe I spend more time packing than I should.
Also, the Bought tobacco I have been using lately is a lot courser cut than what I was using a year ago and not hydrated enough.
I guess I will remain......Half-Fast!
Thanks fellas!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:52 pm 

I grow my own too but due to lot size I have to purchase tobacco elsewhere to inorder to met my need. I am a heavy smoker too....no, don't weigh that much. I mean I just smoke a lot. :lol: