How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: THE MINI WINICKER
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm 

Nice !

But where's the

:wink:
rc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 am 

OKAY !

I just found the Winicker tobacco shredder video on Youtube....

..so now I know what 'mini winicker' refers to... !

Not really the great detail in the video I would like to have, but it's enough to see what's going on.
They are feeding it loose de-stemmed leaf that is kinda moist, the machine compresses it and feeds it to a guillotine cutter that slices it off the end of the form and it drops onto a conveyor for further processing.

I'm surprised to see volume production using a reciprocating guillotine action as opposed to a rotary cutter...

Anyone got links for other production shredders ?

rc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm 

"MINI WINICKER" update
Below is a picture of the new threaded rod and handle I made for my shredder.

The old rod was 1/2in thick and after shredding about 15-20lbs of leaves the threads stripped.
I thought that if I replaced the nut that the rod turns in with a larger nut with more threads that would solve the problem.
So I replaced the nut with one that was for joining 2 rods together.
Since it was 2in long with far more threads it seemed like a good solution to the problem. Well my new solution didn't make it past 1lb of leaves. Maybe the rod or nut was softer steel? I don't know.

My latest solution (Pictured) is working well so far. The new rod is 5/8in thick instead of 1/2in this doesn't sound like much of a difference but in actuality it is. The threads and the nut are much bigger. The extra 1/8in in thickness works out to almost 1/2in in added circumference. With the thicker more heavy duty threads this should last.

My old handle a 9in long, 1in thick hick hickory dowel was to thin for the new rod.
I turned a new oak handle on my lathe. The center is 1 and 1/2in thick and the rest is a little over 1in thick. The handle was secured to the rod with the straight part of 2 nails inserted through the handle and rod protruding about 1/8in on either side then taped with a hammer until flush with the wood. But if you don't have access to a lathe you can always buy a 1 and 1/4in oak dowel from home depot.

The new thicker rod no longer needs the added collar just grind the tip as before and through on 4 or 5 washers to act as a sort of bearing and your good to go. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:12 pm 

Hi Idonno !

my Name is Frank and I am the owner of the German company WINICKER & LIEBER.

I just found your description of your cutter and I am really not so happy, that you gave this cutter the name MINI WINICKER. This cutter nothing has to do with our company and there might be some confusion when our potential clients find your "machine"...

Please be so kind: post a correction and do not use the name WINICKER any longer: THANKS !!!

Hoping that you will understand and accept my concern,

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:06 pm 

Hey Frank,

Buzz off !

RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:00 pm 

Hey Frank,

You are an idiot. I don't like you a lot.

More so, I detest people like you.

Take the first possible opportunity to get on your telephone and contact your barrister and advise him regarding the details of how you wish to engage an American hobbyist in a legal action before an international court of law.
You might ask that same barrister what the initial fee shall be for his preliminary services regarding pursuit of your intent.

You have made scurrilous allegations against a personal friend and associate of mine.
Hence, any insult or action directed towards my associate affects me directly.

I will advise you here and now that I take peculiar and specific exception to your attitude and activity.

You may wish to query your barrister regarding his joy of being asked to confront a pro se litigant in an international court when he is 'on the clock' for each 1/4 hour time spent on the matter.

Do not come back here under any cloak on anonymity, again.
Present your complete legal name and address, and that of your barrister so I may deal with him directly.

RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:58 pm 

wl750 wrote:
Hi Idonno !

This cutter nothing has to do with our company and there might be some confusion when our potential clients find your "machine"...

Hey Frank, take a chill pill. This guy is just making a cutter for himself and I have never heard him express any interest in marketing it. And even if he did, do you really think that any of your potential clients are so stupid that they might mistakenly buy one from him instead of you? He only gave it the name "Mini Winicker" out of admiration for your much larger machine. If anything, it might help your marketing by spreading the name around.

One other thing, Frank... Could you please do a remake of your video on YouTube, but this time get a camera man who knows about lighting so we can see what your machine is doing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 am 

Now if there's a copyright infringement possible and any concern about a foreign (to the US) company actually filing suit to protect their rights, then perhaps he should change the name of his toy to "The Mini-Winicka". sounds the same if pronounced with a southern flare.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 pm 

Frank,
We need your full name and address...
To bill you for all of the detailed advertising that was generated for your otherwise fairly obscure product.
It would serve you well if all of your potential customers could view you in the same light in which you have presented yourself here!
I was completely unfamiliar with your product before I saw it showcased on this site. You sir, have one Heck of a way of showing gratitude for the exposure...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:45 pm 

oh yes
I can see it now . Group of investors form big corpartion, build large factory wharehouse shipping terminal. Instal latest packageing machines. Build in paper making tanks and presses. For expanded tobacco. Hire 3 crews to work day nite 24/7. and everyone sitting doing nothing while engeneers are building a mini to shread tobacco. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh yes
Lee
get real