How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeds for 2015
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:40 pm 

Hi All

I'm getting ready to order seeds, last year I grew just Florida Sumatra it was my first year and things went good. I've rolled some cigars both long and short filler with decent results. My question for the more experienced growers here are what varieties would you all suggest for a stronger tasting smoke. Something that would make a good binder and or filler that had some punch. I plan to use the Florida Sum. as a wrapper. Also I want to ask what type of glue other cigar rollers have been using, I've been using Knox gelatine unflavored at about 3 to 5 % in warm water with good results but would like to hear from others.

Thanks Vonhusaberg

Post subject: Re: Seeds for 2015
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 pm 

Pectin and tapioca seem to be near top of the list around here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 pm 

Both are good to use RC, I prefer Tragacanth gum.(old school) All three stand the humidor test of time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm 

vonhusaberg wrote:
Hi All

I'm getting ready to order seeds, last year I grew just Florida Sumatra it was my first year and things went good. I've rolled some cigars both long and short filler with decent results. My question for the more experienced growers here are what varieties would you all suggest for a stronger tasting smoke. Something that would make a good binder and or filler that had some punch. I plan to use the Florida Sum. as a wrapper. Also I want to ask what type of glue other cigar rollers have been using, I've been using Knox gelatine unflavored at about 3 to 5 % in warm water with good results but would like to hear from others.

Thanks Vonhusaberg

WOW! out of the 2500 types or so tobacco, I would have to see. The Question is to You Sir. What kind of sticks do You like? This is a bomb shell question, and many answers. Mad-