How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cuban tobacco seed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:48 am 

This spring I bought some seed online, they called it simply cuban cigar tobacco. I was curious about the actual type (strain?) of tobacco so I emailed the company I bought it from and asked -seedgnome.com. They promptly got back with me and just said it is cuban tobacco seed. I was expecting them to say it way burley or something like that. I might be showing some of my ignorance here but does anyone know .. is cuban tobacco an actual strain? if not, anybody know what type it might be. I havent yet figured out how to post pics here but I can work on that if needed. thanks mp

Post subject: Re: cuban tobacco seed
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 am 

Isn't it Great when an inquiry brings you an immediate, pleasant response, and absolutely zero valuable information? lol

Pictures of the matured plant could be helpful to someone for identifying it, but it is difficult to do so with any degree of real confidence. I'm not sure how many different strains are grown in Cuba, but have seen reference to quite a few.

Gosh it might have been fun if your source had told you they were smuggled out of Playa Carenero by a political refugee.
Then you might be able to guess it was Vuelte Abajo.

It's probable that most the Cuban strains are available from reputable vendors here, at this time.

Good luck
rc