How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First time grower
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm 

Hi this is my first post and first go at growing my own chew. I chose One Sucker and have been successful at the starting and growing but now i have leaves on the bottom turning yellow to brown. I have been told that i should have been topping off the suckers better than i have because my leaves arent as large as they should be. But my concern is the leaves turning. Do i need to pull them or leave them? Also what is the best process for chew? I have plenty of room to hang but for how long and sholud the leaves get dry and brittle or what? After they dry then what to do to cure or make chew? Can you cure them green in a log like old days? I need some guidence if you dont already know!:)

Also,Tell me how to post a pic and i will.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: First time grower
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:17 pm 

I was very impatient when I first began growing baccy... after a while it becomes obvious when the leaves turn, and mature.
You will notice!

They began to turn yellow, some become 'alligatored' with bumpy surfaces, and such.
NOT good to harvest them too soon.

I post my pics to the gallery, first.
then, copy the url of that pic to a post, using the IMG button, shown above, when entering a post.
You can post your pics to any image hosting service, and link to it here, in that fashion.

Good luck
rc