How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Their tough little buggers aye.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:45 pm 

When I planted my seedlings out I had up to five or six plants per spot due to my having to many seeds to close togeather in my seed tray when they germinated and I didn't want to damage them by pulling them apart.

I thought I'd just thin em' out as they got bigger and all would be well.

So that's just what I did,as they got larger I got out there an snipped off the smaller ones just above ground level an thought that would be that.

But now every week or so I find new leaves growing from the tiny bit's still sticking above ground level so then I whip those leaves off,,,and a few day's later here they come again. :roll:

I've also noticed the plants I did manage to plant one per spot have taken off quite a bit better than those I had to thin out.

I get that,they never had competition from their mates so that's something I'm now aware of for when the next batch of seedlings go out a few weeks from now.

But,,,how long is it going to take for those other little buggers to get the message an give it up ?

Very impressed by their desire for life but I really do wish they'd give it a rest aye. :mrgreen:

In the mean time the plants are looking very good in general, with some quite large leaves coming on strong.

ED.

Post subject: Re: Their tough little buggers aye.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 pm 

Fun challenge, isn't it!
:-)
rc