How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Minimum temps for growth
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:42 am 

Hi guys i finally managed to get some virginia gold and tn90 seedlings to grow past the initial sprouting stage my rusticas were a awesome crop but my tobaccums were a disaster till now being my first year growing tobacco but now i have some seedlings that are 3 inches tall i planted the best 3 in pots as now we are halfway through autumn here in aus these will be my seed plants whenever they flower the reason i put them in pots is so i can move them inside if there is any chance of frost but where i live very seldom do we get frost temps..... anyway what temps are the lowest my tobaccums will tolerate over winter and will they slow or halt in growth is there any tips that anyone to recommend to keep em growing and make sure they survive the winter i dont have much seed left i was fortunate enough to get some seeds through our postal service from the US so i need these plants to survive and provide seed for all my future crops thanks in advance