How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Would you like to have friend ship groups within this forum?
Poll ended at Fri May 29, 2009 12:50 pm
yes 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
no 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
unsure 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Re: Friendship Groups
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:21 pm 

No offense, Wydeboi, the religious posts were under religious topic, you didn't have to read those either, but you did and you were the first one to holler "have some respect". Why can't ladies also have some respect? And the sexual harassment comments are scattered throughout, with no warning, until you run right into it. How is one fair over the other? It isn't.
I don't mind some things like hiding stuff from wife, etc. Not a problem, but there is many remarks that are down right crude! Is it any wonder that there are so few women here? Why not just say, this is a man's forum?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 pm 

Sorry Ozark, I hadn't come across any of those posts you mentioned, or just didn't recognize them when I saw them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 pm 

Telling some one ( but you don't have to read them. )
Is saying that you only care about your own opinion and you don't care about what others think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:02 pm 

Quote:
No offense, Wydeboi, the religious posts were under religious topic, you didn't have to read those either, but you did and you were the first one to holler "have some respect".

You seem to have mistaken my actions. I read the religious topic because I enjoyed it. I said have some respect because that is how we all can get along.

I seems to me that you want the rest of the members here to share your moral viewpoint. Well, some do and some don't, just as some are Christian and some are not. Welcome to the 21st century.

Oh, and I noticed that I didn't attack you, but you've certainly attacked me in your comment calling my comment a 'holler'. More Christian charity?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 pm 

John, I had no clue that religious comments, under the topic religion were offensive. It was clearly marked. Once, it was brought to my attention, I refrained. I didn't change my mind, but, I did decide, this forum is not a pulpit. So, I limited myself to areas that seemed totally inoffensive to all. I am more than a Christian, I can talk other things. I am hoping that through my bringing it to everyone's attention, that sexist comments, are better reserved for when just the guys are out together, or the boys locker room. I am not angry with anyone, it just really needs to be toned down some. This is a mixed forum, liberals, moderates, conservatives, male AND FEMALE, so please, let's all be mindful of one another. Let's celebrate what we have in common, tobacco, survival, and gardening, and think before we post something that could be offensive to others. Have a heart for one another!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:09 pm 

Ozark lady wrote:
I disagree 100%. I have been in forums with no censorship. It is not a fit place to go.
I appreciate the censorship here, in fact, I wish there were more. Some posts are just more proper in the boys locker room than here. I can't talk religion, why can sex jokes be made here? I find them boring, juvenile and offensive. Some days the forum is not a pleasant place to be, if you are not male.

I have only been a member for less than a year so I cannot comment about anything that took place before I joined. I do believe that the forum is being monitored. I will tell you that I have found a few things offensive but the people responsible for it are no longer members. I do not know if it is for the same reason but none the less, they are gone. I do know that I enjoy your post and consider you a valued member of this forum. I would miss your post and the PMs if you went elsewhere. What do you have in mind? Anyway, I don't know why anyone would mind a religious topic. I am sure that most on the people on the forum believe in God. I do. Besides, those that don't can see the topic and stay clear of it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:53 pm 

You arrived the same week that I did Phil.
I just see a trend that is going downhill. And we need to stop it, before it gets out of hand. At this point, I am not going anywhere. I do have ignore feature here. But, I so hate to put folks on ignore, cause not every post by the (offenders) are offensive at all. And I must say, some gentlemen, always remember not to be offensive. I would say that 90% of you are gentlemen. Let's keep it that way!
I am just making a point, there is more ways than just religious comments, or politics to offend folks. And that is not the purpose of the forum. It is too learn and grow!
No matter what you say, someone will see things different, even if it is gardening styles, curing styles, even shred vs crumbling. We can find plenty to argue about without offending anyone! And the comment was simply, I would hate to see this become an unmonitored forum! I bet some folks are even offended by hunting and fishing, we need to be sure those areas are clearly marked.
I am in another forum, and I get to scan comments, before I decide to add or delete them to my page! That is nice. If offensive, I dump it. Then I block annoying posters.

I was in another forum, and after I joined, I discovered it was uncensored. I was told to avoid this and that area. Well, soon there were more areas to avoid than to visit. So I quit, who needs it? Not me! I would hate to see this forum go to that extreme.

I am a tomboy, but guys, I am NOT one of the boys! Neither are the other ladies who post here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:04 pm 

Ozark lady wrote:
You arrived the same week that I did Phil.
I just see a trend that is going downhill. And we need to stop it, before it gets out of hand. At this point, I am not going anywhere. I do have ignore feature here. But, I so hate to put folks on ignore, cause not every post by the (offenders) are offensive at all. And I must say, some gentlemen, always remember not to be offensive. I would say that 90% of you are gentlemen. Let's keep it that way!
I am just making a point, there is more ways than just religious comments, or politics to offend folks. And that is not the purpose of the forum. It is too learn and grow!
No matter what you say, someone will see things different, even if it is gardening styles, curing styles, even shred vs crumbling. We can find plenty to argue about without offending anyone! And the comment was simply, I would hate to see this become an unmonitored forum! I bet some folks are even offended by hunting and fishing, we need to be sure those areas are clearly marked.
I am in another forum, and I get to scan comments, before I decide to add or delete them to my page! That is nice. If offensive, I dump it. Then I block annoying posters.

I was in another forum, and after I joined, I discovered it was uncensored. I was told to avoid this and that area. Well, soon there were more areas to avoid than to visit. So I quit, who needs it? Not me! I would hate to see this forum go to that extreme.

I am a tomboy, but guys, I am NOT one of the boys! Neither are the other ladies who post here.

Well said and understood.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:34 am 

Quote:
Telling some one ( but you don't have to read them. )
Is saying that you only care about your own opinion and you don't care about what others think.

Mickey, no I did not say that. I simply stated that an easy way to avoid being offended by a topic or thread is to not read it. Sorry if that was not clear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 am 

wydeboi wrote:
Quote:
I find them boring, juvenile and offensive.

No offense intended Ozark, but you don't have to read them.

{QUOTE}
[QUOTE]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 pm 

Your quotes are correct but you have missed the intention. At any rate, opinions are varied on any subject and are for the most part, subjective.

(edited to add)

My original intention was not to offend or attack so if anyone was offended or felt attacked, I apologize.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:49 pm 

Perhaps there should be some comfortable place, such as the lounge, with a PG-13 or R rating at the door, where mature adults can enjoy being human... set around, have a couple of beers and shoot the breeze, without fear of not being PC or offending somebody?

I'm a bit of a jokester, take most serious stuff with a sense of humor (helps to cope with harsh realities), and anything I may find too offensive, which I don't think I have, I can simply ignore and go my merry way... or not. I like that freedom.
I can't participate often, but when I do take the time, I'd hate to think there's people ready to pounce on me because I didn't uphold to their particular idea of what's acceptable.
I'm pretty sure I'm sensitive enough already, and have enough respect and moral fiber that I don't need to be controlled on a tobacco forum. :shock:
Nevertheless, forgive me if I've offended any of you for any reason.

Happy Holidaze!
peace, love and happiness!