How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We really need some stickies.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 am 

It has been mentioned before, but nobody seems to like the idea, which surprises me. There are a lot of great posts with several pages of good and clear information, but these posts usually disappears in the sea of "what should i do" posts. And that a shame, because many of the new members questions are very similar, and they have all been answered very well in the past. Furthermore, it most be annoying for a experienced member to see a great post he just wrote, disappear after some time.
So why haven't someone made a few stickies yet? Maybe the right to make a stickie could be given to some of the more experienced members, so that we wouldn't have a lack of them, but they would still be of good value.

Post subject: Re: We really need some stickies.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:08 pm 

That would be nice!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:46 pm 

Indeed it would. However, the number of mods and admins in here are quite low, which isn't really a problem, since most people behave nicely. But it also makes making FAQ's and stickies impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:09 am 

There are only 4 members with admin or moderator status.

Roy - the site owner and administrator

Carl - admin - Last visited: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm
William - admin - Last visited: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:45 am
Alex - moderator - Last visited: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 am

I have never seen a post by Carl, William or Alex. And obviously they aren't around much anymore.

One of the great things about this forum is that it doesn't need any moderators in the way the every other board I have ever been on needs them. There is no one to moderate. The people here are just to dang nice, friendly and helpful. It must be a side effect of nicotine. :)

However, you make some excellent points billeboy. Just about everything you ever wanted to know about tobacco is in this forum. Somewhere! Stickies on certain topics and posts would be most helpful, especially to new members. We all had the same questions when we first got started. Some excellent and informative posts get lost to the back pages. A couple of moderators to help sort things out a little would be very helpful to everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 am 

I think this is a good idea, I am a new grower this year and I have spent hours going through all the topics looking up information, and then when I want to go back to one I might not remember what it was call, or in which section it was.
And spend hours looking for it. mind you, you learn a lot when trying to find that topic.

Markw