How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Drying Mullen
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 am 

Raspberry leaves, huh? I had no idea. We have lots of those on hand because my wife brews them into tea to alleviate some of the symptoms of her feminine cycle. I didn't know that they had respiratory benefits as well. We could put together one seriously therapeutic smoke here. They smell kind of minty to me. I don't know if I could go entirely nicotine free though. I mean, I have quit cold turkey a couple times for up to a year, but I miss that stimulating nicotine rush at times. I don't know, something about taking a smoke break is like hitting a reset button and giving me a 'let's get back to business' feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:47 pm 

SD_RED wrote:
I'm only 27 and my gum line has already receded noticeably from using dip so much when I was in the military. I'll havecto experiment with this and see what I find.

I can't resist!
Red, it reads like an open invitation, to me...

IMO, if you are 27 and have a noticeable indicator of a problem, perhaps you should consider making a lifestyle change.

I can easily double your talley, and am no longer faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and can't jump over buildings in a single bound any longer. My airbags are pretty much shot due to any number of factors, including smoking, usually.

If you have observed a problem, and can recover from it, now, I would advise you make the change!

Smoke a nice homegrown cigar on the porch, Sunday evenings...
Carve yourself a nice briar pipe and have a bowl of homegrown baccy in the evening, after work, with your choice of adult beverages!
Smoke your own homegrown ciggies when you go out and socialize with the guys...

my two cents.
rc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm 

Ozark lady wrote:
Hi Mickey,
Long time no see.
How ya doing?
Have you tried the mullein in smoking, medically, or in Lonnie's chew?
I smoked it, I like it in a smoking mix.

Hi Ozark lady
I've been reading new posts all along just not posting. I just grew that one crop of tobacco so far. Been growing veggies corn, beans, tomatoes, squash stuff like that to put up for winter. we have been buying pipe tobacco :) :) to stuff tubes as a new store opened in town. I picked the leaves from 10 mullein plants and have been mixing up to 1/3 in the tobacco. I haven't gotten Carolyn to use it yet. It does smoke smoother than without the mullein.
Sorry to see you had that problem, hope you recover and are fine now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 pm 

Thanks, Jim,
I am fine, so how is Carolyn?
That mullein is a nice smoke huh?
I bet it would also add a lot to a chew, but I have never been brave enough to try chew or snuff.

I would say, after the round of antibiotics I am better than before I choked for sure, thanks for asking.

I didn't grow tobacco this year either. I am still using tobacco from earlier years, and will pretty much have enough to last until I harvest in 2014. I still mix with store bought, having a tough time kicking all the additives in store bought.

I still struggle with getting tobacco into 'case' to smoke well, I get it too wet, hard to roll and no taste, or too dry, okay to roll, but harsh to smoke. Does anyone have a best way to work this? I find that I simply check the tobacco and use it when the conditions in storage brings it to case on its own.