How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Utter beginner here, on making dipping snuff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 am 

Right now, DH uses Longhorn Long Cut Wintergreen. I need to reproduce it, and Longhorn's website is no help. Months of research led me finally to this forum. Now, from the smell of a new can, I'd guess that the wintergreen flavor is either true wintergreen or spearmint. Their blue can "Mint" he can't stand, and it smelled like peppermint. I don't even smoke, so self-experimentation is out of the question.

I've seen several things that might help me here, but I still have a couple of questions. Should I put the mint in with the juice part or the final tobacco part? And how do I do the long cut? I'd think it kind of rules out a food processor.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Post subject: Re: Utter beginner here, on making dipping snuff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm 

I would add the flavoring at the end ,after all the heat. If you do it early it will burn off. Im new at this too but have been chewing my own since sept. Look at the cope. site ,they tell whats in theirs. Cant be that much different.

Post subject: Re: Utter beginner here, on making dipping snuff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm 

I make lage quantities at a time then freeze it in cans or ziploc bags until I'm ready to use it. When I'm preparing my dip I mix my flavoring in a very small disposable spray bottle. You can pick one up at the local Dollar store or Fred's. I would only mix a few ounces, diluting the wintergreen flavoring with bottled water. Add the flavoring last by spraying the tobacco a few times while stirring well. Repeat this process until the desired strength is achieved. If you don't smoke or dip you may have to find a taste tester. Keep track of what ratio you mix your flavoring and how many sprays is needed. That way you won't have to taste test on future batches.
I am relativly new to this as well but this works well for me. If I can be of any more help please ask. Good luck!
Don