How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is homegrown dip as addictive for you folks?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 pm 

Hi all, First time poster here. Lurked for a while. I'm just curious as to whether anyone who has done their own chew has found it to be less addictive? I know ammonia aids in nicotine/MAO-I/everything addiction... Store chew is usually made with quite a bit of ammonia. Aside from the obvious health benefits to making your own, I'm trying to gauge the addictiveness as well.
Thanks for the great info!

Post subject: Re: Is homegrown dip as addictive for you folks?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:44 pm 

I would try and find a dipper, switch him to homegrown and see what happens. I think the nicotine content is somewhat of a beside since absorption is the biggest deciding factor in that. Nicotine administered alone is usually not considered "Addictive", but when co-administered with an MAO-I such as those found in tobacco it provides the results sought.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm 

huh... odd line of conversation.

maybe addictive like chocolate or coffee though, tasty things have a way of making us want to taste them again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 am 

smokesahoy wrote:

maybe addictive like chocolate or coffee though, tasty things have a way of making us want to taste them again.

Not always!.. tobacco for example. If your body craves 20 mg of nicotine per day and your cigs have 1mg each in them, then your body will crave 20 cigs a day. If your cigs have 2 mg in them, your body would only crave 10. That's why the cig manufacturer's add all that other stuff to their product. They want to make sure the cigs you buy in Nebraska are the exact same ones you buy in Florida. The same dose of nicotine and the same burn rate,the same absorption rate, flavor etc.

So back to the original question: The only thing I can tell you is I know a dipper (grizzly?? not sure of the brand) that I gave a handful of chew to this summer. He loved the stuff but never commented on the strength, ie whether he used less of it than his regular chew.
Randy B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:45 pm 

I've dipped copenhagen since I was 7 im now 38. A friend of mine was given a batch of homegrown and I in turn swiped the batch lol. I found homegrown not so addictive, which copenhagen to me isnt either. The homegrown was refreshing compared to store bought. Not so much addictive as it is the taste for me. It was a snuff that I enjoyed. I normally have a dip in 12-14 hours a day, a can lasts me 3 days.